Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

I have verizon. Does this mean I am screwed? Do I even have options

you can use any CDMA phone, but most phones are GSM. Korean CDMA phones are pretty sweet - might want to check out those. The gay part is that you have to talk to Verizon every time you use a new phone.

_____

just some links I check:

gsmarena (good GSM database)

slashphone (good leaked international info)

boy genius report (gets stolen protoype phones - search "leaked")

mobileburn & phonescoop (reviews for international phones)

to buy:

dynamism (japan stuff)

importgsm (all stuff)

forgot the url, but theres a site where you can buy stolen prototypes.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the Nokia 6500 Slider.. It's amazing.

It's replacing my e50 and has every feature you can think of plus some i've never seen on a phone.

Nokia Por Vida.

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=3413

I want the models they have in Korea and Japan. Those crazy hand phones from the commercials.

Stupid Australia.

there are some unlocked softbank models you can find. thats about as close as you can get with a j-phone. theres a 3g samsung softbank model which i particularly like but didnt want to join 3g just for the phone.

Please post the smallest phones you know, they have to be able to store numbers and send/receive calls. Text could be useful. That's it. Good design is important.

The phone i JUST gave up is probably the most feature packed and powerful phone i've seen at this size. The Nokia e50.

E50BlkCombo_low.jpg

Please post the smallest phones you know, they have to be able to store numbers and send/receive calls. Text could be useful. That's it. Good design is important.

Nokia 2530 weighs 66 grams (incl. battery) and only 9.9mm thick. Bluetooth, FM radio, MP3 ringtones and a shitty camera. I think it only supports 900/1800 freqs, so I don't know if it'll be good for your region.

nokia2630.jpg