Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

get a Sony Ericsson P1i....trust me..i've gone through over 30+ phones the past 2 years...i'm just a cell phone enthusiast.....

and this is one of the best i've used...maybe even the best.....i traded away my nokia n95 for this phone

here's a review of one of my friend's did for the phone

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1214358&page=1

here's my pics

2005329284308872067_rs.jpg

2004373129531670476_rs.jpg

The only thing thats bothering me is the bulging on your jeans/pants. Ive gotten used to carrying RAZR series that nothing else would feel comfortable when tucked away inside your jeans. Plus, it wont leave or form any used mark on your jeans:cool:

My p1i for the win!

11p065s7.jpg

does anyone know a quick link to purchase an unlocked version of this phone. the us website doesn't have unlocked versions. i saw one on a uk website, but it was a P1, not a P1i. thanks in advance.

hey red...i don't know what ur talking about..the price of the p1i was never that high..

when it first came out..it had the $800CAD range..so $750US.....and the next day it quickly dropped.....price now is steady at right under $500 range or $525 with shipping..

and bad reviews on this phone...all i've read were great things about it....and i'm loving the device. The amount of RAM on this device is just incredible. I can run multiple programs on this and never have any freezes or mishaps. As well i'm using my GPS receiver w/ this device hooked up to TOM TOM and it runs amazing.

and the p1i is not a big device...it's only a 4mm difference in width compared to the razr..so very minimal

hey red...i don't know what ur talking about..the price of the p1i was never that high..

when it first came out..it had the $800CAD range..so $750US.....and the next day it quickly dropped.....price now is steady at right under $500 range or $525 with shipping..

and bad reviews on this phone...all i've read were great things about it....and i'm loving the device. The amount of RAM on this device is just incredible. I can run multiple programs on this and never have any freezes or mishaps. As well i'm using my GPS receiver w/ this device hooked up to TOM TOM and it runs amazing.

and the p1i is not a big device...it's only a 4mm difference in width compared to the razr..so very minimal

im 90% sure they were more than $1000 on ebay and on some other reseller sites, which were the only places you could get them. how long ago was this? maybe im confusing it with another phone. i know i was looking at the e90 at the time as well, and those were definitely over $1000.

and as for the bad reviews, people were complaining about the keyboard, and the lack of hsdpa and edge. people were also saying they prefer the old p990.

not trying to bag on the phone. in fact, ive been the hugest fan of the p series since the p900.

if the p1 had hdspa and edge, id definitely get it, especially considering the form factor and price point.

that's the only complaints i've heard ..the hsdpa and edge...and lack of the 850mhz band to make it a world phone.....keyboards some complaints but after people try it they certainly change their opinion on the keyboard. It is very easy to use.

and the phone has been out i think just for a month now, it hasn't been that long. Came out the week of July 20th that's what I remember.

The p990 was a big disappointment as it took forever to come out from the initial announcement of the phone. It was pushed back so much, by the time it came out it was outdated. There were so many problems with it, especially the RAM issue.

The n95 and e90 were both over $1000 when it first came out, the n95 has leveled off at around 650 while the e90 is still at the 900-1000 range

im in need of a new phone, i currently have a sony erricson w800i unlocked. was thinking about getting a new sony erricson but dont know what to get. i dont want anything under a 2.0 pixl camera phone.

also was reconcidering waiting for an unlocked iphone since there is a hack but then i cant use the video confrecing on it which dosnt really bother me cuz i highly doubt i'd even use that function.

i heard the chinese fake iphones work even better and do more than the iphone. there is a cover story on it on a recent magazine. anyone know more on this?

don't cop a samsung x820, i pretty much almost broke this POS in half....it's great that it's the slimmest phone mad thin but thats probably why it's almost snapped in half

i don't mind sprint.

they have the cheapest data pricing anywhere...

15 bucks unlimited a month.

I was gonna get the blackberry 8830 until I saw the fourty a month extra on top for pushtrough...

*snip*

I'm planning on getting an 8830 in December. What's this "pushthrough" feature?

EDIT: Looked it up. $40 a month for email? That's ridiculous.

pushthrough is blackberry's push mail system.

btw i have sprint and i am on SERO. coverage is much better then my old t-mobile and the amount i pay is much less. btw i have the treo 700 wx (pretty ugly, but reliable).

i have 500 minutes, data plan, nights and weekends starting ay 7, and free text for $35 a month.

the best part is reading tmz when i take a shit. anayways sero is pretty easy to get, just pm if you are interested.

sprint phones do suck, but i get coverage over where i live and i use the phone to tether everyone in a while too.

my work just got me a nokia N95. so far, i like it. i heard the gps doesn't work well. haven't tested it yet. more to follow...

yeah GPS is really slow on n95

and me(canadian) get my cell phones from users on howardforums.com...their BST is HUGE.....or i do pick up orders from sntradersonline.com since they are really close to my house\

cell phone plans are pretty much teh same from bell, telus, rogers....it's all about what phone you like and reliability..which is Rogers..and i'm not bias..since i work for bell

i don't mind sprint.

they have the cheapest data pricing anywhere...

15 bucks unlimited a month.

I was gonna get the blackberry 8830 until I saw the fourty a month extra on top for pushtrough...

i have this.

came out about three/four weeks ago...

the first mobile 6 phone.

mogul.jpgmogul_open.jpg

she's a beaut.

Nice phone .. I was looking at the HTC Mogul myself, might end up picking it up in a couple months. I actually don't mind Sprint's service, I get good reception everywhere I go, even in places where most people don't get service at all. I just wish they had a a better phone selection.

Im planning on getting myself a new phone, had a few Im quite interested in, but cant quite decide on which one to get.

Heres the list of the phones Im interested in:

1. w880 Sony Ericsson, slim and fits nicely on my jeans. However have small slim buttons, which makes it hard to type texts etc.

2. E90 Nokia, wifi, camera and all that jazz, currently the top of the line from Nokia, except that it weighs and looks like a brick.

3. V8 Motorola RAZR series, slimmer than my current phone(V3), with a few extra features, but pretty much similar to V3.

4. Or axtsang's favorite P1i which he has been marketing heavily on this thread;)

What do you guys think?

How did you come up with such a diverse list?

You need to think about this a bit more.

1. Which phones are your carriers offering? If you like something they have, you could get a discount on the phone by signing a contract.

2. What exactly do you want in a phone? From the models you listed, it seems like you're just looking for a toy. First figure out which form factor is your favourite, and which features are the most important to you.

3. What is your budget?

Think about these things before you make your picks.

oh, and btw, motorola sucks.

Im currently using v3, which is slim and great, but technology wise it sucks. And so does the camera.

I like the above mentioned ones, but each has its pros and cons. Cant quite decide which one to get just yet.

My budget would probably around $500-600.