Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

i liked the thicker model that came out just before the d900 better, but that's just me

if i remember correctly, the d900 had a smaller screen

but if you're gonna keep anything at all in mind, get a samsung or lg

i, personally, like lg phones better than samsung, though

i think samsung cameras are a bit wack

swooc - you can usually find models like the d900 at a korean/asian cell phone store

250x270.jpg

this is basically the updated version of my old mda.

red: is yours the same concept as the mda. touch screen, slide out pad, windows media player, etc.?

yes. its actually updated version of the htc model the mda is based on. i think.

I'm interested in getting a new cell phone too .. even though Sprint sent me a free upgrade to my real shitty phone a couple months ago, this one doesn't have many features either.

But my plan is through Sprint so I'm pretty much limited to their phones. The HTC Mogul looks promising though .. does anyone know if Sprint will eventually pick up other phones by HTC?

Any suggestions for a really inexpensive phone? I need a cell for emergency use only; maybe usuable camera, and I figured dropping hundred on a phone with a bunch of features I will never use will be a waste.

whatever the carrier will give you for free.

Any suggestions for a really inexpensive phone? I need a cell for emergency use only; maybe usuable camera, and I figured dropping hundred on a phone with a bunch of features I will never use will be a waste.

I'll sell you my unlocked Motorola V180, it's never been touched.

me and my girl both have RAZR2's, and now that I've had mine a few weeks now, but I honestly dont' really like it that much. It doesn't play DMB TV so I can't watch baseball like I want to, and it costs a fuckin arm and a leg over here. The touch screen is a novelty that wears off after the first time you show someone and the rest is crap.

I'm posting from a BlackBerry Pearl. I know you said you weren't down with Blackberries, but this is pretty slim, it has "real" BlackBerry functionality, but its fucking slimmmmm. Good device overall, and if it isn't your bag, maybe you could wait for the Curve or Komet to get picked up by your carrier. Oh, and contrary to hater heresey, suretype doesn't suck.

I have a Sidekick 3 and really enjoy it, it has the best AIM client i've ever used on a cellphone n the keyboard on it is really nice. It's also got a descent web browser so when i need to look for directions via yahoo maps or get bored I can check diggriver.com or mobile facebook. I paid $200 for the phone and that was with a 1 year contract, if you call tmobile you can get a better deal rather then going to a store or there website.

Also there is the Sprint SERO program I can give anyone the details on that if they'd like, they've got plans 500 min, unlimited txt, internet, etc.. for 29.99 month no family plans tho n its a 2 year agreement.

I buy my phones "fully unlocked" so it works for any cell phone provider that utilizes SIM cards. There are also local services or DIY services to "unlock" phones that are "locked" to use only certain service providers (they are software handicapped to recognize that particular service provider only).

get a Sony Ericsson P1i....trust me..i've gone through over 30+ phones the past 2 years...i'm just a cell phone enthusiast.....

and this is one of the best i've used...maybe even the best.....i traded away my nokia n95 for this phone

here's a review of one of my friend's did for the phone

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1214358&page=1

here's my pics

2005329284308872067_rs.jpg

2004373129531670476_rs.jpg

iPhone.....:rolleyes:

The battery life fucking sucks on them..

I heard it wasn't THAT bad.. Is it? I'm considering getting one, also because I don't have an ipod and want to listen to music now that I'm back in school. Any other reasons why I shouldn't get one?! The internet would be lovely too. I have one of those small phones with a circle mirror on the front of it from like 10 years ago.. Need to upgrade!