Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be sure to get it unlocked.

So it is said to overclock at 1.8 GHz? I wonder what it clocks at without too much multi-tasking/regular use?

all this waiting for stuff seems pretty dumb to me re: the majority of tech - whatever you get, the new model is only a few months (or a year max) away. if you want the s3 now, get it now.

it doesn't sound like he really needs a new phone, so waiting a couple of months for a superior phone or getting the s3 for cheaper then isn't a bad idea.

• 2 weeks later...

samsung seems to have everyone by the balls, but i've had an HTC EVO 4G LTE since launch and it's pretty badass. solid build quality, better screen tech and camera than the s3, which was pretty important to me. battery isn't removable but the battery life has been pretty stellar, even more so since the jelly bean update.

Edited by Rob060

it depends on the person and the phone.

if you have a phone, try keeping it off for a while. how does it make you feel?

if you do not have a phone, try having one. has it helped you, or has it hindered you?

that's the only way to know.

consider thoreau:

We do not ride on the railroad; it rides upon us. Did you ever think what those sleepers are that underlie the railroad? Each one is a man…. The rails are laid on them, and they are covered with sand, and the cars run smoothly over them. They are sound sleepers, I assure you. And every few years a new lot is laid down and run over; so that, if some have the pleasure of riding on a rail, others have the misfortune to be ridden upon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you wanna stick with Android, there's the S4 and the HTC One, with most people here preferring the One. If you value build quality I'd get the One since the S4 feels the same as the previous Galaxy phones, like plastic :( I haven't held the One in person though, but everyone praises its build quality. Both are solid choices though, don't think you could go wrong with either :)

Don't know anything about the Z10 but Engadget and The Verge both say that it's a really solid phone with a great display and good hardware and build quality. Both say the battery life isn't all that great. Another thing is reviews say the Z10 doesn't have many apps. If you use your phone mostly for basic stuff, calls(i said phones lol)/texts/calendar/alarm/etc, I guess that wouldn't matter.

Edited by Jokez

i have a z10

depends on what you want to do with your phone

sideloading apps is fine, a lot don't work but a lot do

there's a bunch of shit that might piss you off

also there are a lot of bugs, but there's a big update coming soon depending on what carrier you're with that fixes a lot of them

battery life is good for me, good display and good hardware yeah. build quality is fine, camera is ok.

but bb10 is pretty good, just depends on whether or not you're concerned about future support