Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

• 2 weeks later...
Hasn't that thing been rooted already? Just root and get whatever Rom you want on that thing.

knowing me ill fuck shit up and end up with a paperweight. after the froyo update i am tempted to root it and rid myself of some of the excess shit that ill never use

knowing me ill fuck shit up and end up with a paperweight. after the froyo update i am tempted to root it and rid myself of some of the excess shit that ill never use

Don't do it!!

If you do the OTA update (official) to Froyo 2.2 you will not be able to root afterward for a good while. The method to root will work on the current 2.1 Eclair but once you have an officially updated Froyo version developers will have to find a way to root the new version. The Evo Froyo update has been out for awhile and devs have not be able to root it yet.

can anyone help me choose a cheaper (like 150-200ish) flip phone that can stand up to a bit of punishment? I need something when I go mountain biking, hiking, camping, snowboarding etc. I've already smashed two iphone screens. I was thinking maybe an LG kf300 or nokia 6650, any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Iphone 4 or Desire. I think the Iphone4 is the best designed phone with the best hardware but I'm so used to having gmail, gtalk, and google voice synced up I don't want to switch.

The Samsung UI on the Galaxy S is so terrible I returned the phone after two days. Everything is great on paper but the phone felt kind of cheap in my hand plus GPS capabilities are messed up across the Galaxy S line until Samsung decides to fix the software. I use Navigate so much that was a complete dealbreaker.

can anyone help me choose a cheaper (like 150-200ish) flip phone that can stand up to a bit of punishment? I need something when I go mountain biking, hiking, camping, snowboarding etc. I've already smashed two iphone screens. I was thinking maybe an LG kf300 or nokia 6650, any thoughts?

do nextel/boost still make them work phones? they can withstand quite a bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the Vibrant. Best phone purchase ever. Spent a good while just fucking around with it and tweaking it and I love how I have it set up now.

Stock:

Samsung-vibrant-Bell.png

How I've customized it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42193983@N04/sets/72157625196157962/

A little explanation: I only have 3 home screens right now, seems to be all I really need until I find more widgets i want to use/

My phone is rooted and lagfixed (if you look at the bar graph those are benchmark scores for my phone with lagfix more than double the stock score) I'm using a custom launcher (launcher pro) and apps manager to keep every neat tidy and clean looking. Anyway, i recommend this over any other phone on the market, especially Iphone4.

Get it, or if you like physical qwerty keyboards wait for the galaxy s pro.

^^ My bro has the fascinate and the screen is amazing on it. Looks like a 42" tv and shit. for myself though I decided to go with the DX and I've been it for about a month now and I can honestly say it's one of the best phones I've ever owned. The call quality is amazing and the ability to customize the shit out of the phone is second to none. So glad I returned my iP4 thing was shit compared to this.

• 4 weeks later...

hmm. i have a palm pre on sprint, kinda itching to upgrade. there've been a couple of problems with the phone's design and with the programming. i've been thinking about the htc evo, and i know its a step up, but im unsure of how its platform is compared to palm/webos. i really like the card system with the pre

i heard that hp is coming out with a new 1ghz device at the 2011 ces, called the palm mansion, but this is a rumor. still ready to see because i do believe they have something specially with webos 2.0 update around the corner, though there are several flaws ive seen with palm so far...

anyone pre/pixi users here who've made the switch to evo? or any reviews you can link? thanks

hmm. i have a palm pre on sprint, kinda itching to upgrade. there've been a couple of problems with the phone's design and with the programming. i've been thinking about the htc evo, and i know its a step up, but im unsure of how its platform is compared to palm/webos. i really like the card system with the pre

i heard that hp is coming out with a new 1ghz device at the 2011 ces, called the palm mansion, but this is a rumor. still ready to see because i do believe they have something specially with webos 2.0 update around the corner, though there are several flaws ive seen with palm so far...

anyone pre/pixi users here who've made the switch to evo? or any reviews you can link? thanks

what do you mean by the programming? are you developing apps for it?

what do you mean by the programming? are you developing apps for it?

no. Maybe wrong choice of words. It's just glitchy is what I meant and I've had a number of problems with the way the phone runs, which from what I've read is common among pre users

*edit

funnily enough this is posted from my pre haaa