Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

aaawwwwww sssshhhhhiiiiiiiitt

htc-evo-4g-04-hands-1269376815.jpg

The handset is centered around a 480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD, with a Snapdragon QSD8650 1GHz processor under the hood (the CDMA version of the QSD8250 in the HD2 and Nexus One), and even a helpful 1GB of built-in memory and 512MB of RAM -- hello app storage! Even the battery is bigger than the HD2, and the camera is an 8 megapixel monstrosity with flash, that's capable of 720p video, and is augmented by a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera for good measure. The phone features HDMI out (though you'll need an adapter for turning it into a TV-familiar HDMI plug), 802.11b/g WiFi, and an 8GB microSD card. There's that still-rare Android 2.1 underneath an updated version of HTC's Sense UI. But... despite all these wild features, what actually sets the EVO 4G apart is the fact that it's Sprint's first 4G phone. The handset runs a combo of EV-DO Rev. A and WiMAX, with calls still being made over CDMA and the EV-DO / WiMAX options for data. Interestingly, it sounds like concurrent data and voice use might be possible for the first time on CDMA carrier in this way (killing AT&T's well-advertised differentiator), though Sprint says that's still in the testing phase. One other new feature is the Sprint hotspot app, another MiFi-style connection sharing number, which is obviously aided greatly by the WiMAX on board and can support up to eight concurrent users.
Sprint might have a winner on their hands

more info: http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

This may seem contrary to the thread, but I want to buy a non-smart phone, unlocked for my Canadian cellphone company (off-ebay or whatever). I really only need it for calling and texting, and maybe the occasional alarm clock or calculator. Something very slim would be nice. Any suggestions? I have enough distractions in my life right now without having the internet or BBM on me at all times.

i have the e71x..bought it last may and the chrome layer on the d-pad is already stripping down

kinda wish i got the e71, but i wanted it in black lol

hows the e72 kiya?

im really tempted to copp

aaawwwwww sssshhhhhiiiiiiiitt

htc-evo-4g-04-hands-1269376815.jpg

Sprint might have a winner on their hands

more info: http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

camcorder with 720p and 8mp camera. shit. wonder what the price is going to be on this thing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
im on a budget and they dont know the price for it also

my carrier is AT&T but i dont need a data plan so no iphone

anyone try out the HTC pure?

If you don't need/want a data plan, why get a smart phone?

I was thinking about getting the HTC Incredible, but now that I've seen that 8 MP and HD video HTC, I'm jealous. Too bad Sprint is so spotty around here.

If you don't need/want a data plan, why get a smart phone?

I was thinking about getting the HTC Incredible, but now that I've seen that 8 MP and HD video HTC, I'm jealous. Too bad Sprint is so spotty around here.

agree dont get a smartphone if you dont really need one esp if youre on a budget.

yea the HTC evo looks bad, just want to see some reviews before getting it. ive read the incredible has a shit battery life which can be expected since it does so much stuff

yea the HTC evo looks bad, just want to see some reviews before getting it. ive read the incredible has a shit battery life which can be expected since it does so much stuff

me too. my contract is up sep 1, so hopefully my city has 4g coverage by then (we're on the list)

the EVO has a larger battery than the incredible, so hopefully the battery life isn't as much of an issue