Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

So I was looking pretty seriously at the new Sony c510a cybershot camera. What is everyone's opinion on Sony Ericsson phones? Never had one myself. I like nokia, samsung is ok, hate motorola

sony-ericsson-c510.jpg

sony ericssons are pretty sweet nowadays. design and function wise.

if i didn't need a full web browser to cure my boredom while at work i'd seriously consider going back to using a regular cell phone with either that or nokia or samsung.

What the fuck was I thinking.

blackberry-storm-9500.jpg

This has been the biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. Makes me want to re-activate my Q, which was a substantial dissapointment as well... I kinda want to get something stupid simple like this:

freedomphone.jpg

unless this actually hits the market...:

framephone.jpg

Kibarddesign

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the E72, easily the best and most powerful Nokia since they introduced the E50 years ago.

e72_black_01_lowres1.jpg

my friend wants to sell me the nokia e71 for 180 euros, i used it for a few days and while I love the qwerty (like it more than touchscreen), I'm just to lazy to learn all the new functions and shit ( it has a ton)

I guess I'm gonna keep my old HTC and wait for a good deal on the new HTC's

The hardware is capable of multitouch, but due to some patent bullshit the official browser for the US version of the phone doesn't support it. Other third party applications can use multitouch, and apparently there is a third party browser that supports multitouch but I haven't downloaded it yet.

On another note, the voice recognition is pretty fucking amazing. I have been writing entire text messages by speaking the content and there only seem to be minimal errors. It doesn't support swear words though. It replaced my text in that last post to "#### is so cash". Weird.

332w0af.jpg

i got the palm pre on black friday for around $79 and have the everything data plan.

i really like it so far. i thought perhaps the keyboard may feel small, but after using it a few minutes, I quickly adjusted and have been loving it every since.

i like the linked calendar and account features on it, as its really helpful to see everything in one place. the gesture area at the bottom of the screen is nice (i read it wont be there on the pre plus) and the internet speed is pretty good in most areas ive been. still havent explored all the features but overall i really just love this phone. its a major upgrade for me from my other phone: motorola razr v3 for past 2-3 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why my post was deleted, maybe it went down after Sufu tanked last night or something...

Anyway, I don't think using a Japanese phone here would be very easy because they use their own frequencies

also lots of good stuff coming out of the MWC in Barcelona this week, including windows phone 7 series and some new handsets. I have my eye on the htc desire, but I'm getting sad because I don't think it will come stateside