Sufu cell phone buying guide. What's really good?

homi29

dont get the voyager, the web browser sucks terribly (extremely slow and for some reason the touch screen has really slow responses as time goes on)

verizon wireless= overpriced, and not worth getting if in a major metropolitan area, since in those areas pretty much every company has good service. this is coming from someone who may work for verizon this summer and whose mom works for verizon haha

I have a feeling Pre is gonna run dry a lot faster than some think. It's still a slick design though...

possibly. but if you can get palm functionality with a better touchscreen than the iphone, im sold.

palm has been hit or miss, but when they hit, it's very solid.

dont get the voyager, the web browser sucks terribly (extremely slow and for some reason the touch screen has really slow responses as time goes on)

verizon wireless= overpriced, and not worth getting if in a major metropolitan area, since in those areas pretty much every company has good service. this is coming from someone who may work for verizon this summer and whose mom works for verizon haha

all my jackass friends who switched from verizon to at&t so they could get an iphone all complain about the services, and i live in NYC where every carrier's game is stepped up

So i've kept my cell phone (nokia) for two years because I really like the fact that I can click a button on the side and it flips open (its fun to play around with). I do not know of any other phone that does this. I need a new phone. Does anyone know what other phone has this feature?

speaking of nokia..i bought AT&T's watered down version of the E71, the E71x but despite the fact that it has fewer capabilities than the unlocked one, its still a pretty solid phone..

i just needed a new phone..i was gonna get the iphone but wasnt really digging the touchscreen steez..esp for txting

Guest umhaha84

^ iphone might come out on 2nd week of july kinda like all previous iphone launches.

if you wanna get iphone for cheapest. steal one and buy new sim card.

At&T won't do shit on stolen phone except to block the sim card. with new sim card. it's good to go. mine's stolen btw,

such a shitty hardware upgrade this time around... and if you already have a 3G there not letting you get away with upgrading for nothing this time around, its $236 over the 199 or 299 price point.

Yea its a minor but good spec bump - the battery life/processing speed alone seems like a good deal (this is, of course, from someone who doesn't own a 3G, so that's my take), as for upgrading ... at&t are jerks. That and MMS and tethering

Guest umhaha84

^they added magnet to their accelow/e so more movements will be recognized by the phone + faster internet + processing.

299 for 16gb if you are in mid contract. (from engadget) if so i'm buying it. cheaper way to replace my stolen iphone.

you can also locate your iphone by mobileme and send alarm + erase the datas.

I've had my blackberry curve 8320 for a while now and I'm getting sick of the random errors. No signal at the worst times, my phone will shut off randomly, the hour glass will lag the phone, and other random shenanigans. My phone company is t-mobile so I don't think i'll be able to get the new iphone. What would you all recommend as a good phone ?

I'm either getting a 16gb or 32gb 3Gs iPhone but i'm leaving to france around the 25th of june and i need it before. will the lines at the apple stores be really long from 19th to 25th? I want to go in the store and come out as quick as possible, i don't want to wait in a line. would i be better off preordering it online? would i be able to keep the same number?

• 3 weeks later...

Any suggestions for unlocked quad-band gsm phones? The Nokia 6300 looks great, but it is only tri-band. I lost my samsung a737 in Mexico, so I just picked up a crappy nokia 2610 prepaid replacement phone, which I hate.

Also, what is everyone's opinion about tmobile? I currently have AT&T, and I don't really have any complaints, but tmobiles plans are a lot cheaper considering I never come close to using all my minutes.

No smartphones needed. I've talked myself out of the iPhone because I have an iPod touch and I don't really want to double my mobile bill or have to charge my phone every day. Just need a solid no bullshit mobile. Camera ok, music player not necessary

Yeah, all the n series phones look pretty nice. What's the deal with the wifi calling on some of these phones? When you call or text on a wifi network, does that count against your monthly quota? I noticed the nokia 6301 adds wifi capabilities, which might convince me to buy it if the wifi can compensate for lack of quad band coverage.

Any suggestions for unlocked quad-band gsm phones? The Nokia 6300 looks great, but it is only tri-band. I lost my samsung a737 in Mexico, so I just picked up a crappy nokia 2610 prepaid replacement phone, which I hate.

Also, what is everyone's opinion about tmobile? I currently have AT&T, and I don't really have any complaints, but tmobiles plans are a lot cheaper considering I never come close to using all my minutes.

No smartphones needed. I've talked myself out of the iPhone because I have an iPod touch and I don't really want to double my mobile bill or have to charge my phone every day. Just need a solid no bullshit mobile. Camera ok, music player not necessary

it depends on your area coverage, I just switched from Tmobile to Verizon and coverage is pretty similar although Verizon is a tad better (LA). I shouldn't have switched though because the phones are shitty unless you want to pay $30 a month for BB data which is bullshit considering tmobile gives you 500 texts + data for $25.

edit : oh yeah one thing i like about tmobile is customer service. They usually handle everything and are not idiots. They replaced my sidekick lx last year for free (refurbished one) even though it turned out the problem went away. I don;t know if this still works but if you call enough times I hear you can still get $6 / $10 tzones which is basically data, but it doesnt work on blackberrys. So you could get an unlocked iphone or nokia e71 or whatever you like and try to do that.

man that vertu is pimp, always wanted that diamond encrusted one

verizon is seriously frustrating, cant switch cause im on a fam plan with a work discount so its by far the cheapest i can get and my mom and brother could give a shit less about nice phones and data plans etc

im fine with no frills but if all my phone is doing is texting and calling could you just give me something fucking thin? why are all these phones plastic bricks when they have no features? wth