nightlife in San Diego?

dutchxoven

Its all about bars/clubs on 5th avenue and the Gaslamp. My friends work for Victory Nightlife, can get you in free whenever they host stuff.

thanks!....im here for a week for work, then ill be back in early oct to just hang out and be dumb. im not too into the super college crowd so much.....a friend of mine works at the tractor room, its across from the hash house. whats that place like?

Haven't been to the Tracker Room, but it's probably not anything like Gaslamp/collegey since it's in Hillcrest. Hash House is an awesome place for breakfast though, if you get a chance.

I heartily recommend Hash House, as well. We're doing a Hash House San Diego meet-up sometime. I'll even wear my Hash House t-shirt.

im down for the hash house meet up. been to the one in vegas and that shit was crazy.

also the best kareoke spot is in clairmont called "Chorus" it has private rooms (large fill up to 15 to 16 people, small fit up to 6 to 9 people) and each private room has a flat screen hdtv. every kareoke song has a music video to it. all music videos use korean actors and the movie somewhat goes along with whatever song your singing with the words to your song on the bottom. (each music video has some korean guy getting jumped or getting in a fight) i take it the videos were filmed in korea or china as the clothing style the actors wear is sufu style.

Also pitchers are cheap their, you are allowed to smoke inside the private rooms where your doing kareoke, if you want to sneak in a bottle you can as they look the other way. they also serve korean food.

At the end of each kareoke song the kareoke program rates how well you sang out of a 100. i was hitting mid 80's low 90s on avg.

Last call is AT 2:00 am. there is a shitty competetive korean kareoki right across the street that sucks compared to this one except for one thing most san diegans dont know. At 2:00AM they shut the blinds and make it look like it is closed and keep the bar open until 5:00AM. they serve beer/hard liquor until 5:00 am. The place gets packed round 3:00am. i think this is illigal but so the fuck what.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaving for San Diego tomorrow and staying on Pacific Beach for a week. Lst time I was there I stayed downtown (for a biz conference.) However, MARQUES WYATT and MIXMASTER MIKE were both spinning who I got to see. That set the bar pretty high. I love the beach scene but if ANYONE HAS ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HIGH-END CLUBBING OR HEARING GREAT MUSIC from the 7th to the 14th sure would appreciate! Thank you jetsetters, and locals!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
what about places that might cater more to the (ok cant come up with a word) ...more along the lines of sinden, diplo, a-track, krames, spankrock, pase rock and all that nonsense?....thanks.

The Beauty Bar is probably the closest one even thought it veers a little towards the stereotypical hipster bar. They normally book lots of good acts but the upcoming months look bleak. Not in a very good location either.