atlanta proposed ban on baggy pants

djork

I live in the suburbs of Atlanta. And this article doesnt seem too far stretched from what already has been going on. I've never been to a city that tries to control people as much as in Atlanta. Ive been kicked out of the mall on several occasions due to wearing a shirt that said "Stop rockin fake shit", Ive been kicked out for having a bandana in my pocket (that i literally blow my nose in), and i got kicked out because a security officer was racially profiling a hispanic friend of mine who had his hair pulled back with a bandana. I think if this new ordanance is passed i will purposely try to break the law. Its only taking away more and more of our civil liberties and i'll be damned if i sit back and let that happen

yo but foreal people. This is something in my own city and didnt hear too much about until it was brought up on this forum (pos rep for the guy that started it) but now im doing some research to get involved. Baggy pants aren't necessarily my steez but this is something that will eventually effect everyone in this country... its one step closer to stripping all our civil liberties away. It only is strengthening this fascist regime so it really neeeds to be fought and have more support

death to the ghetto fabulous mentality of atlanta

"stop rocking fake shit"

didnt some lame ass sneaker boutique in atlanta make that

i was seriously sick of seeing people wearing matching shoes, new eras, and blings

seriously

as much as i dont like baggy shit, i think its stupid. its not like their dicks and asses are hanging out of their shit. guess we should also ban girls with big tits, since they distract motorist's attention to the road..... (hope this never ever happens though)

I just did a little more research into this subject. The "Ban" was actually proposed by a black city counsel-men named C.T. Martin . Mr. Martin in the past has been a big contributer to the efforts of everything bearing the name "DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING". I actually just wrote C.T. Martin an email questioning his motives you too can do the same and reach him at [email protected]Even if your not into the baggy pants thing it would be much appreciated by those residing in the Atl area if you voice your opinion to potentially veto this ban

YESSSSS! I hate the big t-shirt, baggy pants look. Now if only they did that in my town..

But honestly, people should wear whatever they want. Even if it's something as ridiculous as wearing overalls with only a bra under (ah! saw a person drssed like that in a bookstore.. ) So no, I don't think this law should be passed.

Look, they tried to do this a few years ago, it didn't work. They're trying again now, it won't work.

Don't get too worried about it, it's just a douchebag trying to garner attention.

If I'm wrong and it is passed...well, I guess I'll have one more reason to want to leave the US.

I`m sure that Martin guy thinks he's doing black people a favor in making a ban...but @ the end of the day he only making things worse for them. A ban is not going to stop anyone from sagging their jeans if that`s the look & appeal they wanna have. It's only going to create a headache for those that choose to disregard the ban.

He should go about helping the people of Atlanta in other ways. That ban is just a dumb, fcuked up idea.

well this "BAN" has been instituted in several other states already! (not sure the particulars on which states i think Luisiana) Reason i believe its possible is because not enough people in this country vote, therefore our people in governmental seats dont represent the people very well. Most gov. officials are far from your middle and lower working class citizens so they dont have the same agendas in mind. And as far as being able to actually institute such a ban is not the matter at hand its more-so the fact that it will only strip away more rights, first we cant have baggy pants and next we have state instituted uniforms, and before you know it we have to wear the star of david all over again. It sounds far stretched but the more authority in our daily lives they gain the worse its gonna get

Look, they tried to do this a few years ago, it didn't work. They're trying again now, it won't work.

Don't get too worried about it, it's just a douchebag trying to garner attention.

If I'm wrong and it is passed...well, I guess I'll have one more reason to want to leave the US.

It worked in New Orleans. It could work in Atlanta.