New York City Here I come....September 6-9

misterpretender

Hi Guys! I'm super excited because I found out last night that I will be flying to New York with my other half and my in-law for a mini vacation. Haven't been to New York for over 4 years now so I'm all hyped up for this vacation from Sept 6-Sept 9.

Anyway, I have checked out the list of shops on superfuture.com. I even checked the superjetset threads but I'm kind of lost because NY has so much things to offer. And i'm trying to squeeze all the shopping I could do in just two days- Friday & Saturday during daytime (8AM til maybe 6PM). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

So far, these are the stores that I'm really excited to check out:

-Uniqlo (I heard this place is pretty cheap but never been here so we'll see)

-Seven

-Atelier (even if I couldn't afford it...just want to experience going there)

-Barney's of course

-Odin

-Opening Ceremony

-Nom De Guerre (I can't wait to actually check this place out)

-APC (finally I get to see the flagship store in the US)

-45rpm

-Margiela

-Comme des Garcons

-Tokio 7 (some vintage store that I heard that is worth checking out)

-Balenciaga

-Marc Jacobs

-Supreme

-Dior Homme

-Union

-Ksubi

Any other stores I should check-out that I missed on this list? Also, any consignment store you guys can recommend? Any sample sale or any shops having any sort of sale during my stay? Is it also worth going to those outlets? Never been there so I'm totally clueless. Also, one more thing, does anybody know which stores carry Swedish brands like Julian Red, Acne, etc? Does any store carry Hare in the US?

Also, I'm up for any mini meet-ups. I will basically be on my own during daytime. So fellow superfuture shopaholics feel free to message me if you want tag along with me during my NY shopping exploits...

:)

BBlessing

Mon - Sat: 1pm - 9pm

Sun: 12pm - 8pm

181 Orchard Street

New York, N.Y. 10002

T: 212 378 8005 F: 212 378 9528

Atelier New York

Mon - Fri: 11-7

Sat: 12-7

Sun: 12-6

125 Crosby Street

New York, N.Y. 10012

T: 212-941-8435 F: 212-625-2648

[email protected]

Famous Friends

Mon: 3-8

Wed-Sat: 1-8

Sun: 12-7

616 East 9th Street

T: 212 460 9094

Number (N)ine

431 Washington St

New York, N.Y. 10013

T: 212 431 8699

numberniners.com

Surface 2 Air

22 Howard St. suite 5J

New York, New York 10013

TEL_646_613_0097

There are 2 branchs of Odin

The first one is on E 11st.

The second and larger one is on Lafayette St.

http://www.odinnewyork.com/

Den: An extension of the Odin New York stores

http://www.dennewyork.com/

Atrium

http://www.atriumnyc.com/index.html

Flying A

http://www.flyinganyc.com/

OAK

http://www.oaknyc.com/

Barneys Co-Op carries Acne jeans..

Have a nice trip!

Yea, there's a lot of shopping to do there that's for sure.

Your list looks good, although it might stretch you time wise. But I'm sure some of those stores you'll just walk in and walk out so to speak. (I did this 45rpm, marc jacobs, and opening ceremony)

My favorites were; Atelier, NDG, Barneys (I could spend a good amount of time in there, they have everything!), Dior, Margiela, and Seven. When I was there I didn't get the chance to see NN or CDG, but I hear they are both killer stores.

But as far as additions, I would say check out Jil Sander (1042 Madison Avenue between 79th and 80th streets), although it may or may not be open when you go.

If you don't have a whole lot of time to spend, i'd leave number nine until the end.

It's in middle of nowhere and there's not much in the store anyway.

If I were to pick ONE store that I would def. go to, that would be barneys.

Oak is in brooklyn. don't go.

Flying A sucks.

Famous friends is awesome but it's in alphabet city and is out of the way. Don't go unless you have some time to waste.

I don't know if cloak is closed but it's worth checking out if it's still open.

You need to check out IF if you want some high fashion stuff

eg. ann dem and MMM

the service is absolute shit if you don't look like a goth high fashion ninja

Uniqlo doesn't have really have outlets. They're just much, much smaller stores in NJ that sells the excess out of season items for cheap along with a lot of the basics. Pretty boring and way out of the way for you.

dude...thanks for info...

any thrift/vintage stores in NY worth checking out? shoe stores? good sales that run until sept 9? thanks.

Also, one more thing, does anybody know which stores carry Swedish brands like Julian Red, Acne, etc? Does any store carry Hare in the US?

Why would someone call a store acne..

dude...thanks for info...

any thrift/vintage stores in NY worth checking out? shoe stores? good sales that run until sept 9? thanks.

check out INA men, not really thrift/vintage, but it can be, i guess, since it's a consignment store...similar to tokio 7.

262 mott st.

(between prince and houston)

cloak might be closed by the 6th considering the store closing sale ends the 3rd, i think.

cdg is definitely worth checking out.

famous friends might have julian red or stray boys, but i haven't been there in forever and their stock changes a lot each season so i can't be sure.