Lee Japan denim

crownzip

my next planned pair is the lee repro-esque samurai joints. after that is the wrangler type sammies... do you know how the samurai lee-styled jeans compare to the ones you have? by the way, lookin' good!!!

my next planned pair is the lee repro-esque samurai joints. after that is the wrangler type sammies... do you know how the samurai lee-styled jeans compare to the ones you have? by the way, lookin' good!!!

There was some discussion of the leepro sam's in the sam thread a week or so ago...I put up some fit pics.

cz - love the leg twist!

• 4 months later...

I've only used the Lee Euro repros, altho they do use the same fabric, I believe, as some of the Edwin-made versions. The Sanforized versions DO shrink more after a proper wash but not so much as to be problematic. In fact, I reckon they fade much better that way.

You will move from a small turnup to none at all, but none of the other fading areas moves enough to be a problem.

I've only used the Lee Euro repros, altho they do use the same fabric, I believe, as some of the Edwin-made versions. The Sanforized versions DO shrink more after a proper wash but not so much as to be problematic. In fact, I reckon they fade much better that way.

You will move from a small turnup to none at all, but none of the other fading areas moves enough to be a problem.

Paul,

So you're saying that the sanforized versions fade better than the unsanforized versions?

the 34s 101b (love the cut, details and the denim on these) and haironhides are pretty much my dream denim, but they are too expensive!

Get them if you get the chance one day :P I like to tuck my shirt in with them because the high waist show that cowboy look. My friend says I look like a fob when I do that.

Paul,

So you're saying that the sanforized versions fade better than the unsanforized versions?

I have both, the differences are minor, tho' the sanforized ones have the edge. It's more the fact you can wear them from their unsoaked state. But the Sanforized ones in particular look terrific, exactly the same kind of fade as vintage lees, which is very distinctive, and notably different from, say, old levi's .

(You don't have to look for long on here to find a pic of all my old Euro Lees, Sanforized & unsanforized, in one pic. I daren't post it again but it's probably on 50% of the Lee threads here, including this one... http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=665488&postcount=9)

• 11 months later...

I think the Edwin-made Lee repros are great value for money, in Japan at least- these jeans are capable of excellent fades. But watch out for the sizing, it's all over the place - and AFAIK the so-called Sanforized models do shrink.

Shikimayatu, only just seen your note - I didn't do anything special with those jeans, just wore them heavily.