finland :: helsinki :: general

kemar

ok, Beamhill has two stores, other is a skate store, other more like a fashion store. first one sells wesc, LRG, skate brands and a few random alife kicks. the one across the street has Acne, 5th avenue shoe repair, Raf Simons, Henrik Vibskov and others, a really nice shop.

Helsinki 10 is the obvious pic, they have a very wide variety of stuff from random Dries Van Noten pieces to Raf Simons to cheap monday. probably the only store in Finland stocking Comme Des Garcons, Tsubi and many other brands.

Seven is close to h10, they have a rather limited selection of Martin Margiela, Calvin Klein suits, dsquared and some others.

Stockmann is the big department store, nice grocery store on the lower level along with all the basics like a bakery, a very large book and magazine store across the street (Akateeminen = Academic bookstore), probably the best selection of papers and mags. the clothing department is a bit limited, they have designers like J. Lindeberg, Filippa K, Paul Smith and thats about it. then the basics like Hugo Boss etc.

Union 5 is a staple skate store in the city, its been around for a quite a bit. havent been there in a long time but they have what you'd expect from a good skate / snowboard shop.

as for restaurants, Demo is pretty nice, havent been in a while though. Raku-Ya is supposedly a nice japanese place. avoid Yume, one of the most expensive ones in town and highly overrated.

thats all I can think of for now..

• 4 years later...

superold thread but hopefully you finns receive the bump :)

where's a man to get a haircut in hel? i've been warned that if i wonder into any old barber i'll likely end up with a militaryesque cut - which is certainly not what i want. i actually don't really know what i want, so a stylist of sorts might help.