Shopping in New York

hi there. as i will be in NY next week - can anybody tell me some good addresses for shopping?

i prefer underground labels and second hand. also skatesnekers and brands like stüssy, freshjive, supreme, carhartt, bape, x-large

best at "low" prices ;-)

thank you

s

"If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya." (Rory Breaker)

...and i am searching for watches by SEIKO PULSAR SPOON especially the S.A.M. and the InokiX..

has anyone an idea where i can find them or other grat digital watches in new york????

thank you

s

"If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya." (Rory Breaker)

I know stackhouse a few weeks ago got some digital watches into their display case... but i have no clue what they were.

Zan gave you a pretty thorough list...

But you can Add:

Isa

on North 6th street in williamsburg.

It's Nom de Guerre Brooklyn Location and their original store... way more clothing, but less harder to find kicks.

Koi

on Havemyer and I thing south 3rd st in williamsburg brooklyn

Gallery/Clothing and Japanese food

Air Market

on 3rd Ave and 12th street in Manhattan

Mostly Japanese geared girls clotehs but they get in some unique small run guys stuff on occasion. worth stopping into if you're by it.

There is also some New skate shop that opened on eitehr 9th street or 10th street just a little bit north of Ave. A. I don't know it's name, but it stocked lesser known skate brands.

Youc can also hit the Vice store which is on lafayette around teh cluster of stackhouse/supreme/555 soul, etc, etc.

Unis

I forget where her store is... it's in soho, but i forget the cross streets off the top of my head. Usually really nice, simple clothing with flare but nothing excessive. THey tend to have sales and when something is on sale their it's super cheap.

has anyone an idea where i can find them or other grat digital watches in new york????

There's a second hand store on Lafayette - I'm not certain what it's called or the exact address, but it's on the east side of the street between Houston and Bleeker - that has a load of unusual and difficult to find (or so I was told by a friend of mine who is into watches when we passed by last) watches in the window. You might find something that catches your interest there.

Second hand shops run the entire gammut in this city. They can be ridiculously expensive, or totally reasonable.

Here are some high end choices (worth your while)

1.) Screaming Mimi's

382 Lafayette Street (bet 4th and Great Jones St)

(212) 677-6464

2.) Resurrection (2 locations)

a.) 217 Mott St. (between Prince and Spring)

b.) 123 E. 7th St. (between 1st Avenue and Avenue A)

Lower End

1.) Metropolis

for a little mix of old (vintage cowboy boots, souch boots, t shirts, pants, jackets) and new (paul frank, mooks, stussy, etc.)

? 3rd Avenue (East side of the street between 9th and 10th street)

2.) Treasure Trends NYC

204 1st Avenue (East side of 1st between 12th and 13th street)

3.) Search and Destroy

23 St. Marks Place (North side of the street between 3rd and 2nd Avenue)

358-1120

Also, for funky street style check out string of choice spots on Lafayette below Houston There you'll find Brooklyn Industries, Triple 5 Soul, DJ Honda's store and Supreme all on the same block. Just below Prince Street and on the East side of Lafayette, you can check out a new sneaker spot called Clientele...Nike, Reebok, Adidas, you name it, they've got it. I suggest you check out Classic Kicks as well...really chill, non pretentious vibe (Elizabeth Street...see addy in previous post). The LES is simply brimming with style...you can't go wrong really...just take a stroll through the area and you're sure to find something new and unique.

Enjoy!

Second hand shops run the entire gammut in this city. They can be ridiculously expensive, or totally reasonable.

Here are some high end choices (worth your while)

1.) Screaming Mimi's

382 Lafayette Street (bet 4th and Great Jones St)

(212) 677-6464

2.) Resurrection (2 locations)

a.) 217 Mott St. (between Prince and Spring)

b.) 123 E. 7th St. (between 1st Avenue and Avenue A)

Lower End

1.) Metropolis

for a little mix of old (vintage cowboy boots, souch boots, t shirts, pants, jackets) and new (paul frank, mooks, stussy, etc.)

? 3rd Avenue (East side of the street between 9th and 10th street)

2.) Treasure Trends NYC

204 1st Avenue (East side of 1st between 12th and 13th street)

3.) Search and Destroy

23 St. Marks Place (North side of the street between 3rd and 2nd Avenue)

358-1120

Also, for funky street style check out string of choice spots on Lafayette below Houston There you'll find Brooklyn Industries, Triple 5 Soul, DJ Honda's store and Supreme all on the same block. Just below Prince Street and on the East side of Lafayette, you can check out a new sneaker spot called Clientele...Nike, Reebok, Adidas, you name it, they've got it. I suggest you check out Classic Kicks as well...really chill, non pretentious vibe (Elizabeth Street...see addy in previous post). The LES is simply brimming with style...you can't go wrong really...just take a stroll through the area and you're sure to find something new and unique.

Enjoy!