sufu x polaroid

sonny

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what/why/how

Reguarding my free film or Polaroid's decision to no longer make instant film?

If it's about my free film, it was a benefit to working community service. I put together a dance for the mentally ill and physically disabled through Kiwannis and Key Club, we made thank you cards with polaroid pictures in them and I got all the left over film, courtesy of Kiwannis Club. Yay for Karma!

As for the no more instant film, I have no idea, but something to do with technological advances. I. E., they're too old school for the Polaroid company :(

Reguarding my free film or Polaroid's decision to no longer make instant film?

If it's about my free film, it was a benefit to working community service. I put together a dance for the mentally ill and physically disabled through Kiwannis and Key Club, we made thank you cards with polaroid pictures in them and I got all the left over film, courtesy of Kiwannis Club. Yay for Karma!

As for the no more instant film, I have no idea, but something to do with technological advances. I. E., they're too old school for the Polaroid company :(

uh, about the free film.

community service never did me NOTHIN

what .

It's an annual thing and as the chairman of it, I had say over what happened, the expenses, and whatnot. Just because people are mentally ill or physically disabled doesn't mean they don't enjoy a good time.

Community service = huge benefits and great connections if you do it right

hey kennmon, what kind of film are the fujis, are those pack films?

edit

f**k i just read that the land camera needs sx-70 films but they don't make them anymore...what know?

there's a pretty easy mod you can do to to sx70's and pronto's, that will let you shoot 600 film in them. here are the basic instructions, http://www.foundphotography.com/PhotoThoughts/archives/2006/06/polaroid_sx70_modification_for.html .

i've done it to a bunch of cameras and it works great.

Sonny.. where you at?

You gotta bring the heat with your 'roid collection.

not the whole collection(got dozens more in boxes and around the house), but theses are the guys i use regularly.

2280866542_061a15b5c1.jpg

top row l-r; the reporter, spectra, sun600, sx70

bottom row l-r; sx70 sonar w/aftermarket flash, slr680 se, 600se, 600 radio

my favorite of the bunch is probably the original sx70, it was the first camera that i ever really played with. the radio is really cool too, it's powered by empty 600 film packs.

Would you mind giving me some info on this camera? Seeing it with the pocket wizard sparked my curiosity. I would love to see some of your photos!

polaroid 195.

amazing camera.

114mm f3.8 and sharp.

i use it with a p-dub to set off studio lighting.

uses pack film, i only used fuji stuff so the polaroid discontinuation isnt so bad.

just wish that they would bring back 665, but there are rumors of ilford looking into it.

• 3 weeks later...

SX-70 Blend Film won't be continued!!

Just read a mail from unsaleable.com, they say according to rumors (which are most likely true...) polaroid will stop making the sx blend, which means no more films for the sx-70 or other land cameras

went to their site to buy one of the remaining packs, but all are gone :(

shit, wanted to buy some a few days ago but decided to wait until i'll have some money...

so if you see some films somewhere, buy them!!!

195 can only shoot peel apart pack film.

Just figured it out myself too, thanks. Benefit of using the Fuji film? Using it with fully manual cameras?

Anyone know what polaroid cameras that could still be around that would use 339 film, I have atleast 20 packs left over from my now dead polaroid booth? Thanks

Anyone know what polaroid cameras that could still be around that would use 339 film, I have atleast 20 packs left over from my now dead polaroid booth? Thanks

i know some microscope cameras take it, not sure of anything else that will shoot it.

i know some microscope cameras take it, not sure of anything else that will shoot it.

Saying "microscope camera" got me curious so while googling that i found something that might help anybody stuck with that same film.. Check the third comment down..

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Juq3

seeing that pile of kennmons film made me want to look through some older shots taken with fuji fp100c. i fucking love the color on this film.

view from my kichen

54150611_3160cf0e4e.jpg

a few from the ssf train yard

43864785_c1f2943b62.jpg

44058106_6ea845438a.jpg

go usa

252376896_5d1a94ee7e.jpg

all these were taken on a polaroid 600se

• 2 months later...

just picked up a speed graphic and have been shooting polaroids with it. still figuring it out and dialing it in. these are some of my first shots. first two shot handheld and focused through the rangefinder, last one on tripod through ground glass.

2554433475_a9ddc0a9f0.jpg

2555298705_83417c7490.jpg

2569711710_94ce747cdb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...