Your favorite jackets for fall

homi29

I'm looking for a nice jacket for fall. Something light, but still warm enough for nights in sept-oct.

I'm not too picky about a particular style, anything military inspired is pretty cool, or even more casual/functional (a la north face)

Feel free to post suggestions

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a nice jacket for fall. Something light, but still warm enough for nights in sept-oct.

I'm not too picky about a particular style, anything military inspired is pretty cool, or even more casual/functional (a la north face)

Feel free to post suggestions

g-star and obey

if you can find anyone selling a Supreme wool duffel coat from last year's fall season, buy like 8 of them. it's seriously the best coat i've ever owned. relatively inexpensive ($250?) compared to some of the high-end stuff that's popular on here (ie: $750 NDG m-65s)

found a pic in an old catalog

you're right it looks pretty amazing..hows the fit??

if you can find anyone selling a Supreme wool duffel coat from last year's fall season, buy like 8 of them. it's seriously the best coat i've ever owned. relatively inexpensive ($250?) compared to some of the high-end stuff that's popular on here (ie: $750 NDG m-65s)

found a pic in an old catalog

you're right it looks pretty amazing..hows the fit??

slim, but not too slim. sleeves aren't too long, but not too short either. lenght is average, i guess. it's just an amazing jacket, if i knew how much i'd love mine i would have paid twice as much.

I really like some of the fall Obey jackets, it had a gun-shoulder-patch and a nice military collar, looked good but when I went back, all sold out.

The Bless long hooded coat (released every season) is also an absolute classic. 2000db has one that's been worn to death and the way the material age really elevates it to another level.

is this pic from 06/07? or are NDG doing an identical one again for 07/08?

i got one last year but it was always a bit too big for me.. would love to have the chance to pick up another this year in a smaller size..

this is a pic from this year. it is the same only the wool is thicker this year. Blackbird in Seattle had them.

i remember when that supreme duffel coat came out towards the end of the season, it looked fine but the material was a bit crap. for the most part, you can't cover up cheap wool (esp the way it wrinkles) unless you blend it with synthetic fibers - this is my problem with wool h&m / zara / uniqlo goods. everyone needs at least one sportish wool jacket, yup i'm bored so here's my lineup. i'm on a real layering kick so everything is meant to be worn that way except the harrington:

light jackets early fall:

6450jew.jpg

a little heavier for later fall:

508l45v.jpg

i like the NDG M65 but for some reason it looks too bulky unlike the hare m65 which looks much tailored and sleeker...although quality wise NDG is a much better investment. i'd probably cop the NDG when it becomes available...

i agree, i tried it on the other day and it was so shapeless. kind of just sat on my torso.