pure blue japan xx-008 sizing

jwied82

wow ... whats wrong with the indigo leaf?

just personal preference, i really don't like the look of it. maybe if it somehow matched the rest of the stitching on the jeans i would like it better, but to me it just seems to stick out too much and not in a good way. we'll see though, it may grow on me. i have these soaking in the tub right now, so i am going to head out and run some errands to kill the time. otherwise i will probably end up sitting in the bathroom staring at the tub for the next few hours. i have a pasta pot wedged into the waistband, we'll see how that works out...

soak is complete, and the waist stayed stretched thanks to the pasta pot. for reference, here are the pre and post soak measurements using BiG's method:

PBJ XX-008 Size 28 Actual Measurements

pre-soak (BiG's measurements were pretty close to dead on here)

waist - 14"

rise - 10.25"

thigh - 10.75"

knee - 7.5"

opening - 7.5"

inseam - 37"

post-soak (pretty colse here as well)

waist - 14.5" (this is because i stretches the shit out of them before i soaked, stuck a pot in the waist during the soak, then stretched the shit out of them again before hanging them to dry)

rise - 9"

thigh - 10"

knee - 7"

oprning - 7"

inseam - 33" (this shrank A LOT)

hope this is helpful to anyone interested in these

soak is complete, and the waist stayed stretched thanks to the pasta pot. for reference, here are the pre and post soak measurements using BiG's method:

PBJ XX-008 Size 28 Actual Measurements

pre-soak (BiG's measurements were pretty close to dead on here)

waist - 14"

rise - 10.25"

thigh - 10.75"

knee - 7.5"

opening - 7.5"

inseam - 37"

post-soak (pretty colse here as well)

waist - 14.5" (this is because i stretches the shit out of them before i soaked, stuck a pot in the waist during the soak, then stretched the shit out of them again before hanging them to dry)

rise - 9"

thigh - 10"

knee - 7"

oprning - 7"

inseam - 33" (this shrank A LOT)

hope this is helpful to anyone interested in these

Yeah this was extremely helpful ! I've been apprehensive about the size 28 for a long time now. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not sure if i am going to hem because they have only been hot soaked once for 5 hours or so. should i soak them more prior to hemming or leave as is?

most of my other denim has 34'' inseams or so but these kind of stack wierd. will they stack more normal as they break in?

size 31 162 5'11''

hpim1149ta9.jpg

hpim1150cy3.jpg

fit pics. still not sure if i am going to hem because they have only been hot soaked once for 5 hours or so. should i soak them more prior to hemming or leave as is?

most of my other denim has 34'' inseams or so but these kind of stack wierd. will they stack more normal as they break in?

What temp was the soak? If it started hot, you probably got all the shrinkage out. If not . . .