washington dc

laurenamos

I spin at probably the best weekly Saturday night party in the city, Good Times @ Napoleon. We rock everything from hip hop to club to house to rock, etc.

Its always free and we're in a really dope space, the basement of Napoleon lounge (I think we're gonna start doing both floors soon because we are killing it!), which is located on the corner of Columbia & Mintwood in Adams Morgan (near the bank of America that is across from DWR).

If you guys can make it out, please do I guarantee you'll have a good time.

Pictures here: http://thecouchsessions.com/archives/1263

That is funny, you must have lived around the corner from me. I live right next to meridian hill park on chapin st. I love going to the park on sundays and getting in on the drumming. There is a lot of construction in the area though, like you said. Theivery Corp. is opening a new lounge called Marvin on 14th and U. The area will soon be the hot spot in DC.

Marvin is pretty decent. it has a similar vibe to 18th st lounge but they exclusively play soul, funk, motown, etc. the dj is great. but it is usually crowded as shit in there.

I may be back in DC soon.

Can anyone provide some current "ballpark" information on monthly costs of renting a one-bedroom apartment around 14th Street (P-Street to U-Street) and 16th Street (P Street to U-Street to Mt. Pleasant) ?

TRAVEL TICKER

Travel from the District to New York for $1 (plus a 50-cent booking fee) on Bolt Bus, a budget spinoff of Greyhound with free WiFi and power outlets, during its inaugural weekend March 27-30. After that, tickets cost from $1 to $20 each way, with the $1 fares available on five to 10 seats per bus going to early bookers, the company says. Reserve at http://www.boltbus.com. . .

I may be back in DC soon.

Can anyone provide some current "ballpark" information on monthly costs of renting a one-bedroom apartment around 14th Street (P-Street to U-Street) and 16th Street (P Street to U-Street to Mt. Pleasant) ?

right now you're looking somewhere between 1k-2k a month at least. plus utils.

jimmy valentines is supposed to be really pretty good ive got a friend that spins there pretty regularly now, i havent been though since i havent been in dc since november.

you talking about jake??

^That's pretty cheap--I have a few friends who live adjacent to meridian hill park--I think they're paying $1250 (+ parking for a studio) and $1350 (+ parking for a nice 1br with a GREAT view).

You can pay as much as you want though--plenty of nice rentals in that area.

^That's pretty cheap--I have a few friends who live adjacent to meridian hill park--I think they're paying $1250 (+ parking for a studio) and $1350 (+ parking for a nice 1br with a GREAT view).

You can pay as much as you want though--plenty of nice rentals in that area.

Thanks for the info. Surprisingly, those prices aren't that bad at all. Which side of the park do they live? 16th Street or 15th Street side?

About 3 years ago, the 15th Street side was much more ghetto, compared to the embassy row side.

analyst you're leaving thailand? :P

xColdRicex,

Sadly enough, but there 's a strong chance that I may be leaving Bangkok by this summer. Looks like I may be going back to DC for a bit before coming back overseas.... :(

Thanks for the info. Surprisingly, those prices aren't that bad at all. Which side of the park do they live? 16th Street or 15th Street side?

About 3 years ago, the 15th Street side was much more ghetto, compared to the embassy row side.

i'm sharing a rowhouse with three other guys near bloomingdale, and i'm paying 600 with utils. this neighborhood doesn't seem very sketch, although areas like columbia heights and adams morgan are having isolated crime problems.

One bldg is on 16th, the other on V, I think. The 15th st side is a little less savory, but there are plenty of $500k+ condos between there and Howard at this point. If I were going to rent in the city, I'd look around there--if I were going to buy, I'd probably look in Columbia Heights. But wtf do I know, I live in Silver Spring.

Their places are OK, but there are some pretty ritzy digs in the area if you want them. I don't know what your standards of living are--the people I know who live down there are more Fort Reno types than bottle service types.

One bldg is on 16th, the other on V, I think. The 15th st side is a little less savory, but there are plenty of $500k+ condos between there and Howard at this point. If I were going to rent in the city, I'd look around there--if I were going to buy, I'd probably look in Columbia Heights. But wtf do I know, I live in Silver Spring.

Their places are OK, but there are some pretty ritzy digs in the area if you want them. I don't know what your standards of living are--the people I know who live down there are more Fort Reno types than bottle service types.

fuck columbia heights. all the condos going up around 14th are the most boring generic pieces of shit. for god's sakes there is a ruby tuesday in columbia heights now.

most people i know in the area are paying b/w 1000 - 1700. I'm paying 1500 for a floor of a row house, 1.5 bedrooms. i'd say the 15th st side of meridian is fine now. it's obviously a little bit less whitwashed than the 16th side, but i would say it's largely ok. that said, i have a friend who was mugged on his doorstep at 13th and irving so...

• 1 month later...

i'm going to be in D.C. in a few weeks for work. i'll be staying at the Hilton Crystal City hotel and was planning to walk to some shops nearby like Denimbar (Mauro said it's under a mile) and some of the other shops mentioned in this thread. i was just curious if it's safe to do so. thanks in advance -j

i'm going to be in D.C. in a few weeks for work. i'll be staying at the Hilton Crystal City hotel and was planning to walk to some shops nearby like Denimbar (Mauro said it's under a mile) and some of the other shops mentioned in this thread. i was just curious if it's safe to do so. thanks in advance -j

yeah, pretty much any place in northern virginia is going to be safe. denim bar is the only place within walking distance of crystal city though.

• 8 months later...

maybe I'll head up there for a day.............................maybe poopslush or salaami will join me............

oh word! maybe I'll holla at him for a rideeee or wait, I'll have a car by then and he's over eighteen, maybe I'll offer him a ride!!!!!!

keep me in the loop 4sure

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

dc isnt bad

ftgg had some pretty nice stuff last time i checked (like two weeks ago)--they were having a sale and had CPs at $210 or something like that. i was really tempted to cop but the 44s i tried on were slightly too large. dont know if the sale is still running though. stussy and commonwealth had some sales going to but i wasnt as into the stuff there.

also--definitely stop by amsterdam falafel while youre in the area. best falafel ive ever had easily