Sign in to follow this  
Hocus Pocus

The worst dressed cities in the world

no one's been to any well-dressed places? i'm surprised no one's mentioned Stockholm. jesus christ those motherfuckers know how to dress.

oh and i think tourists, in general, on vacation anywhere, from any country, are generally poorly dressed

the troubling thing with styling oneself, sartorial application, etc is the ambivalence combined w/ignorance of one's self-in the form of physiology + joi devivre + age transition.

if more people exercised daily introspection(physical movement through emotion or feeling, who can best accentuate or clothe my positive, my negative strides?) combined with a focused attempt to read(therby expanding one's fabric/garment/design(er) vocabulary(, this thread would be quite irrelevant.

honestly, in a general sense many post collegiate twenty somethings revert back to the sheep psychology of high school days:

i.e-what are the POPular kids wearing? sadly by this age the general "we" look to the jay-z's, the timberfakes, kanyes and countless hollywood styled starlets deemed "fashion-forward."

let us recall what dungeon family mc killer mike stated on a scathing depiction of black kid style from 2006 track "that's life" :

"we wear our f*ckin' pants big because our mothers were too poor to buy our size/ call it what it is n*gga: it's f*cking poverty"

sheep psychology all over again sf'ers. big man($) deeming little man(-$) cool, co opting tragedy to appear tragically hip.

prime example of the gift through the curse of pop culture.

this being said, chicago style is frustratingly banal, dc sleepwalks and if i had more dollars kim jones and deryck walker would be rocking me to sleep on the daily.

philly is bad, but

jersey_fresh_logo%202006.jpg

blows away the competition.

philly is bad, but

JERZEY SUXXX

blows away the competition.

thaaaaaanx

sorry westside...we both know when you look out your front window its not a pretty view.

Brittney%20with%20Grillz-thumb.JPG

Houston: we invented the grill.....

.....and infected everybody

Houston didn't invent the grill. Get outa here with that shit.

dc is pretty awful. Worse than you would think for a relatively international city.

BRITONS are the second worst-dressed tourists behind their American fellow travellers, according to a survey of European hoteliers published today.

The British were also the fifth worst tourists in general because of their rude behaviour and noise, according to the survey done for travel website Expedia.

It found the best tourists in the world were the Japanese, followed by Americans and the Swiss.

Japanese tourists stood out for being polite and tidy, securing 35 per cent more votes than second place US.

Swiss tourists were commended for being quiet and considerate.

But despite their faults, hoteliers did look favourably upon British spending habits, voting them the third biggest holiday spenders after Americans and Russians.

Based on responses from 15,000 European hoteliers, the survey showed that the worst tourist nation was France, followed by India, China and Russia.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,23483,21780527-27977,00.html

dc is pretty awful. Worse than you would think for a relatively international city.

AGREED. after looking at www.projectbeltway.com, my faith in dc has significantly dropped.

Baltimore, Maryland has to be one of the worst dressed cities in the US.

^^^true, but i love baltimore club.

was looking on projectbeltway.com. here's the early-90's-colorful-retro-revival craze i was talking about on page 2. it seems like every fuckin teenager in chinatown or georgetown is on this fruition-injected tip:

534144795_4f89e5168c.jpg

i used to work in georgetown and have to deal with that shit on a regular basis. fucking godawful.

umm you forgot to mention orange fake-tan that the guido nation rocks.

HE 4GOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART...THE KEY 2 GUIDO POWER....

THE A|X BELT BUCKLE.

Yeah, when the sun goes down, they bring it like a california sunset all night long.

BRITONS are the second worst-dressed tourists behind their American fellow travellers, according to a survey of European hoteliers published today.

The British were also the fifth worst tourists in general because of their rude behaviour and noise, according to the survey done for travel website Expedia.

It found the best tourists in the world were the Japanese, followed by Americans and the Swiss.

Japanese tourists stood out for being polite and tidy, securing 35 per cent more votes than second place US.

Swiss tourists were commended for being quiet and considerate.

But despite their faults, hoteliers did look favourably upon British spending habits, voting them the third biggest holiday spenders after Americans and Russians.

Based on responses from 15,000 European hoteliers, the survey showed that the worst tourist nation was France, followed by India, China and Russia.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,23483,21780527-27977,00.html

The Japanese are also the best dressed tourists. I know most of you aren't able to differentiate Oriental Asians according to their specific ethnicity. BUT when you see a bunch of tourists with colour-, volume- and texture co-ordinated layering of clothes, while still in line with the trends of the season, they are most likely Japanese.

Heck, there were two Japanese female twenty somethings who were on the organized bus trip as me in Northern Ireland. Both were heavily dolled up- thick makeup, winter overcoats over mini skirts, heels, LV totes- while the rest on the bus were in North Face jackets and trainers.

I am Asian myself, and I was correct most of the times I played this game while backpacking. There may have been one or two occassions where the people I guessed to be Japanese were heard speaking Chinese or Korean instead, but that doesn't happen very often. Koreans and Chinese tourists are usually seen wearing whatever streetwear their pop idols are wearing. While the HongKong tourists usually have oversized BAPE camo jackets draping their scrawny bodies with AF1's or some other hypebeasty sneakers. And the oriental tourist in an outdated windbreaker, ill fitting jeans and practical footwear? Malaysian, like me :D

It's always fun to have Japanese tourists to style check in places I visit, it ups the style rating of that city. That said, those two Japanese babes decked in LV and Gucci on a countryside bus trip still appeared fairly out of place :D

chav2.jpg

you gotta feel for that poor bastard on the right....it seems there's been a horrible car crash right in the middle of his face, leaving his eyebrows fused together and the rest of his noggin lopsided.

Korea has the worst dress style ever cause all they do they is try to copy other countries styles and follow fads (fads spread really quickly in Korea) until they just look like a dumbass.

i love the suburban arab french style: sweatpants, tank top, football shoes and loud cell phone music.