yes or no? / this or that?

chris

aoi, i understand that maybe I should have the cher/black tranny mentality of "i don't care, i do what I want" but I was really just trying to get some feedback on a wack shirt that I like. In all seriousness, you have a point, but it's pushing the limits of my price range right now so I just thought I would get an opinion.

I was going to wear it with some cotton pleated (relatively fitted but not slim) chinos, a tan woven suede belt, and tan casual oxfords.

Thanks, fellas.

PS: This is Francis Xavier on his new handle. Couldn't reach anyone to get my privvies back. ;)

Was not my intention of sounding harsh, I just don't understand the point of asking if you already know that you like it. Especially if you don't expect us to like it either. In addition to not saying anything about what you're style is/what you would wear it with.

I can see it work with some chinos in the summer, and it will be trendy as hell, but I'm not a fan of prints and I think prints like that only work for a season, maybe two - before everybody else is wearing them.

But my point is, if you like it/think it will fit in your wardrobe for a while/have the money to drop, go ahead.

Nah, I didn't really take offense. Not trying to sound like a carebear.

Anyway, that's another issue that I think applies to my decision and a decent point. Flashion, like all things imo, applies to the law of the hyphen. I'm not saying this is an overtly conceptual shirt or that it's extremely loud when compared to other shit, but maybe within the context of my taste. The left field gets stale quicker once J Crew catches on.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

I like discussing things. And I agree with you, mostly.

I don't see the correlation between "loud fashion" and dogmatic philosophy, though. But that's because I consider myself to have a dogmatic philosophy on what I buy; I know what I like, and I think I know what fits me well. And if I venture too far off that dogma, I almost always regret it later.

But I agree; trends will almost always be drawn to the extremes, either it's extreme minimalism or whatever.

Lol @ flashion.

I guess I have a fear of extroversion. I know for a fact that I have a distaste for it, especially when it seems like a desperate display on other people. I very rarely see others as "free spirits" when they look like a glampire, clarissa, or Rayanne from My So Called Life.

What I meant before was that when people commit to something very conceptual and seemingly "unorthodox" with which to express their character, they seem manufactured. Over time it ages like a wet fart and just leaves an embarrassing stain over time, especially when there are pictures. I know that fact well. Identity crisis' become more transparent as styles fade and are no longer ahead of the curve.

I hope you never read Growth of the Soil.

That's actually what I'm saying. People who are dogmatic about their views and try to express those things through style and displaying their lifestyles seem desperate. I'd wager that self reflection isn't the culprit in most of those cases (Crust punks, Raw Vegans with dreads living in communes, etc) but the fact that they can't come to terms with reflection. It's escapism at its worst, especially when these people make friends and develop politically active subcultures.

i just think the low profile sole doesnt really work with the oversized cuff.

the blacks look like a slightly nicer designed diet butcher high top, with cleaner lines and a nicer sole.

would cop but ive got footwear in the works at my line that will be my staple for the forseeable.