chris

yes or no? / this or that?

Those dont look slim at all

When i think slim hi-tops, i think converse.. but i could be wrong..

Didn't know they were Rick Ownes rips. Thanks Servo...

They looked slimmer in other pictures. Basically I need some pretty hi-tops, but as slim as possible on the foot but still thick shoes. I don't want slim as in canvas material, just not bulky shoes.

I guess I'll have to keep looking. Thanks guys.

all white jordan Is? or by high top, do you mean hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh tops.

I'd say three-four inches above the ankles. Not sure how hiiiiiigh that is.

Homme.homme, I'm open to spending around $100-$250.

I didn't notice that this was a uk link and I got excited. My size too! bah. Anyway, I am looking into getting some new sneakers. I've been looking at a few options and i want to see what people on here who have had experience with these shoes think. so its not really a yes or no, but oh well. sorry for the copius amount of options. i want something that is versatile and simple but also somewhat subversive in some way. any other recommendations would be great. thanks everyone.

a few cps

cpmids.jpg

(or maybe grey version)

cppatents.jpg

cphis.jpg

cpsilvers.jpg

ysl rollings (non patent white)

yslrolling.jpg

the generic man

commonmanwhite.jpg

commonmanblack.jpg

so the generic man and the cps would all cost similar prices for me the ysls would be significantly more expensive. i'm not entirely sold on the shape of the cp hightops as i have never seen them worn. and there's not much ifo about the generic man out there and i have never seen them worn either. so after this unecessrily long post, thoughts?

edit: also is goddamn impossible to ge any definitive sizing info on these brands so if anyone knows any info is helpful (i wear a 10 in vans if that helps)

go for the Rollings - I was so close to buying the black patents but I purchased two pairs of CPs the week before so I didn't, but they are not a bad price for designer sneakers at $410.

The bone cps are also cool

Rolling non patent whites will be as versatile as you'll ever get.

I need a pair of those Ysl rollings, too bad jmatsu wont hook me up:(

I need a pair of those Ysl rollings, too bad jmatsu wont hook me up:(

I'm sure he will as soon as they get out of style.

well whenever.. Soon would be nice though..

Might as well wait patiently

i'm starting to think it mught be worthwhile to splurge on the ysls, but i'm not entirely sure. the only thing i don't love about the shoes is the ysl symbol on the side. does anyone know how the preorder on the ysl website works? thanks for the input everyone.

well, if you want the YSL rolling sneakers without the YSL logo, you can always buy a pair of vans sk8-hi's, since the YSLs are almost a direct copy.

are you on crack?

most designer shoes take inspiration from an already popular sneaker shape, and i'm not saying this is an exception, but sk8-his are ugly. they are uglier than ugly. they are just a convention that we have come to accept. that doesnt make them less ugly.

the YSL sneakers are more elegant. there is no question about it.

diamonds: 7 has some, call them.

where do i gggggggggget? white or black nonpatent, or whitepatent

Blackbird just got them, in white or bone.

aloha rag has white patent highs for 300 I think

speaking of which I need a new pair, my lows are trashed

i am too damn indecisive :( more input please. where is matsu-san? he seems to have knowledge of all things high top.

should i cop patent black highs or patent black achilles mid?????????????????

nevermind i like the highs. now where the fuck can i cop other than stupid fucking revolve because they are out of my sizeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but i really wanted to get them there because of the cuponz.

so the generic man and the cps would all cost similar prices for me the ysls would be significantly more expensive. i'm not entirely sold on the shape of the cp hightops as i have never seen them worn. and there's not much ifo about the generic man out there and i have never seen them worn either. so after this unecessrily long post, thoughts?

edit: also is goddamn impossible to ge any definitive sizing info on these brands so if anyone knows any info is helpful (i wear a 10 in vans if that helps)

I have owned the high top cp, the ysl nomade hi's and the ysl rolling hi's. The ysl's are not worth the price. The materials are thin and flimsy and because of this I have never kept a pair for very long. Go with the cp or gm. The construction is much better than the ysl's and they are less noticeably branded as well as more comfortable and substantial. The ysl's have a slightly better shape but with all the factors included they aren't worth the money.

As for sizing, I can get my foot into a size 10 pair of vans slip ons with socks on and have no room at the end of the shoe. A size 42 CP fits the same way on me. Try a size 42.

Go with CP's!

I have never had YSL's, but I can personally attest to the quality of CP's. I've had mine for a while now, and I've put a lot of mileage on them, and they're still in great shape, and actually look better now than they did when I first got em. Plus, the branding on the YSL's is hideous in my opinion.

Yeah, I am leaning toward the cp highs right now for sure. I just emailed blackbird. Thanks for the feedback everyone!