yes or no? / this or that?

chris

Didn't know they were Rick Ownes rips. Thanks Servo...

They looked slimmer in other pictures. Basically I need some pretty hi-tops, but as slim as possible on the foot but still thick shoes. I don't want slim as in canvas material, just not bulky shoes.

I guess I'll have to keep looking. Thanks guys.

I didn't notice that this was a uk link and I got excited. My size too! bah. Anyway, I am looking into getting some new sneakers. I've been looking at a few options and i want to see what people on here who have had experience with these shoes think. so its not really a yes or no, but oh well. sorry for the copius amount of options. i want something that is versatile and simple but also somewhat subversive in some way. any other recommendations would be great. thanks everyone.

a few cps

cpmids.jpg

(or maybe grey version)

cppatents.jpg

cphis.jpg

cpsilvers.jpg

ysl rollings (non patent white)

yslrolling.jpg

the generic man

commonmanwhite.jpg

commonmanblack.jpg

so the generic man and the cps would all cost similar prices for me the ysls would be significantly more expensive. i'm not entirely sold on the shape of the cp hightops as i have never seen them worn. and there's not much ifo about the generic man out there and i have never seen them worn either. so after this unecessrily long post, thoughts?

edit: also is goddamn impossible to ge any definitive sizing info on these brands so if anyone knows any info is helpful (i wear a 10 in vans if that helps)

are you on crack?

most designer shoes take inspiration from an already popular sneaker shape, and i'm not saying this is an exception, but sk8-his are ugly. they are uglier than ugly. they are just a convention that we have come to accept. that doesnt make them less ugly.

the YSL sneakers are more elegant. there is no question about it.

diamonds: 7 has some, call them.

so the generic man and the cps would all cost similar prices for me the ysls would be significantly more expensive. i'm not entirely sold on the shape of the cp hightops as i have never seen them worn. and there's not much ifo about the generic man out there and i have never seen them worn either. so after this unecessrily long post, thoughts?

edit: also is goddamn impossible to ge any definitive sizing info on these brands so if anyone knows any info is helpful (i wear a 10 in vans if that helps)

I have owned the high top cp, the ysl nomade hi's and the ysl rolling hi's. The ysl's are not worth the price. The materials are thin and flimsy and because of this I have never kept a pair for very long. Go with the cp or gm. The construction is much better than the ysl's and they are less noticeably branded as well as more comfortable and substantial. The ysl's have a slightly better shape but with all the factors included they aren't worth the money.

As for sizing, I can get my foot into a size 10 pair of vans slip ons with socks on and have no room at the end of the shoe. A size 42 CP fits the same way on me. Try a size 42.