yes or no? / this or that?

chris

It's just easier to copy the same image link from the post before than upload something new

It's more a criticism to the irony that the .gif file you used to respond (multiple times) illustrates how much of a whiny/crying bitch you are.

Edited by jok52

im like 6 3, skinny athlete. i was really looking for a slim fitting tailored look. after research (nukeman) i was finding a lot of looser fits from yohji or cdgh+ and i really just dont like junya for whatever reason, reminds me of old people. im not looking to buy used as i cant do the whole return thing if fit doesnt work out. admittedly i care about branding and do like look of this blazer, but not sure on quality as ive never had chance to physically compare UC with other higher end (as far as price) brands.

If you're unfamiliar with Rakuten I would heavily advise getting proficient at navigating it since a lot of spectacular shit gets thrown on there with (relatively) little attention.

At some point, once you're comfortable, I would also recommend becoming familiar with Yahoo Japan and Rakuten JP.

The only issue you MIGHT face is that at 6'3 you're a bit taller then a lot of the demographic from which clothing is sourced on Japanese mediums. Surprisingly, I do manage to find a lot of humongous shit which no one buys, so it might work in your favour.

I don't know how easy it is to find or how accessible it is to you but Julius, Carol Christian Poell, Label Under Construction, Rick Owens, Ann D often produce variations of sports jackets that you might be interested in and are accessible on Rakuten.

However, because you're searching a Japanese medium it is more likely to find things created under Japanese producers, then Belgium or Austrian... It might turn into a numbers game kind of thing.

On Rakuten global, for Rick I would suggest typing in "Owens", and for Julius "Julius"

I wouldn't put off CDG and Yohji at all if that's your concern. Both done their fair share of slimmer jackets so if you have a afternoon to blow just gets your measurements down and go wild bookmarking shit you like.

Edited by TernLef

I don't know, perhaps I'm not giving him enough credit, but do you really think Label Under Construction Carol Christian Poell is the sort of thing he's interested in, or the sort of thing he should just jump into? Seems like his tastes are more conservative, he'd be better off with, say, Jil Sander, which is actually pretty plentiful on eBay in 48/50, at under $100, even full suits for that much (although he wants a sportscoat, not a full suit), whereas on Rakuten the $200~$300 mark. I mean, more "conventional" european houses - Dior Homme, YSL under Pilati - would be more the sort of thing he's looking for rather than CCP or CdGH+

If you're unfamiliar with Rakuten I would heavily advise getting proficient at navigating it since a lot of spectacular shit gets thrown on there with (relatively) little attention.

At some point, once you're comfortable, I would also recommend becoming familiar with Yahoo Japan and Rakuten JP.

The only issue you MIGHT face is that at 6'3 you're a bit taller then a lot of the demographic from which clothing is sourced on Japanese mediums. Surprisingly, I do manage to find a lot of humongous shit which no one buys, so it might work in your favour.

I don't know how easy it is to find or how accessible it is to you but Julius, Carol Christian Poell, Label Under Construction, Rick Owens, Ann D often produce variations of sports jackets that you might be interested in and are accessible on Rakuten.

However, because you're searching a Japanese medium it is more likely to find things created under Japanese producers, then Belgium or Austrian... It might turn into a numbers game kind of thing.

On Rakuten global, for Rick I would suggest typing in "Owens", and for Julius "Julius"

I wouldn't put off CDG and Yohji at all if that's your concern. Both done their fair share of slimmer jackets so if you have a afternoon to blow just gets your measurements down and go wild bookmarking shit you like.

ha, im very familiar with rakuten. and y!jp and the like. just trying to avoid used clothing and doing best to buy from retailers. thats kind of what makes it a bit more difficult. LUC and ccp are cool and all, but i need standard shit, we have to dress "professionally" being in military and what not, even off duty. havent been able to find much RO that fits or close to what im looking for, same with yohji and cdg unfortunately. thanks for help though

I don't know, perhaps I'm not giving him enough credit, but do you really think Label Under Construction Carol Christian Poell is the sort of thing he's interested in, or the sort of thing he should just jump into? Seems like his tastes are more conservative, he'd be better off with, say, Jil Sander, which is actually pretty plentiful on eBay in 48/50, at under $100, even full suits for that much (although he wants a sportscoat, not a full suit), whereas on Rakuten the $200~$300 mark. I mean, more "conventional" european houses - Dior Homme, YSL under Pilati - would be more the sort of thing he's looking for rather than CCP or CdGH+

You're a plague.

Both LUC and CCP produce excellent slim fitting jackets. Whether he has the mental fortitude to whistand their telepathic wails beating at his cerebellum is another matter and can only be examined once the object is within range.

ha, im very familiar with rakuten. and y!jp and the like. just trying to avoid used clothing and doing best to buy from retailers. thats kind of what makes it a bit more difficult. LUC and ccp are cool and all, but i need standard shit, we have to dress "professionally" being in military and what not, even off duty. havent been able to find much RO that fits or close to what im looking for, same with yohji and cdg unfortunately. thanks for help though

That's a shame. Beyond the the bit more thematic, ostentatious(????????), or extraordinary elements LUC and CCP can embody there is a whole trove of pretty demure shit which wouldn't be hard to get away with in a professional environment (see "TheAddict" from SZ).

I don't mean to be rude but I have to agree with Nukeman here, hit the books, you already have all the keywords.

Edited by TernLef

You're a plague.

Both LUC and CCP produce excellent slim fitting jackets. Whether he has the mental fortitude to whistand their telepathic wails beating at his cerebellum is another matter and can only be examined once the object is within range.

I was right, wasn't I? It doesn't seem like he wants anything other than a "standard" blazer, and it'd be far easier and cheaper for him to look at brands to cater that rather than going through countless one-button sportscoat and pagoda-shoulder jackets that aren't what he wants, when he could probably zero in for what he's looking for, nebulous as that is, with a quick ebay or rakuten search. I'm not saying they don't produce excellent jackets or that they haven't produced jackets similar to what he wants, it's just that you're sending him down a hellhole he probably doesn't want to go through when there's much easier, and like I said, conservative houses that would probably appeal to him more.

^ that was very tongue in cheek, its the description of the blazer from two sites that sell it.

nukeman is right, he has a pretty clear understanding of what i was looking for, he was just being an asshole about helping out, whatever. it would have been too easy to give a quick blurb like he did but whatever.

the whole issue here is not finding deals/fit/brands etc, its that I dont have chance to physically see how blazer of this "quality" compare to competition before buying so i was asking a forum of people that have much more experience their opinions. i just as easily can do search after search, which i have, but to get an opinion from people like alex who have actually owned blazers from brands im interested in is much more valuable, no?

that being said, the whole research thing is silly, i could do endless research and still ask another's opinion. treating situation like its in a vacuum is silly, you can't assume that because someone asks the best way to get to a destination has never been there before.

thanks for any help people have offered, especially nukeman (i know it was hard, proud of you).

• 2 weeks later...

Was super impressed with the materials and construction when I tried these on, but couldn't decide on colour.

https://www.endclothing.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/232384/s/our-legacy-bomber-jacket-ii/category/122/

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/234925/s/our-legacy-bomber-jacket-ii/

Olive did suite but I can't imagine it being ad versatile as the black one. Then again, the black one seems too similar to many of the other black bombers out there albeit more thicker. Thoughts?

Edited by Mr Latvia

Was super impressed with the materials and construction when I tried these on, but couldn't decide on colour.

https://www.endclothing.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/232384/s/our-legacy-bomber-jacket-ii/category/122/

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/234925/s/our-legacy-bomber-jacket-ii/

Olive did suite but I can't imagine it being ad versatile as the black one. Then again, the black one seems too similar to many of the other black bombers out there albeit more thicker. Thoughts?

Olive all day. Probably the best olive MA1 I've seen.