yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I will preface this by saying that I work for Left Field, but I wear our black denim every day, and I really haven't really worn a better pair of pants.  I like the pants from Acne, but I don't think the quality of the fabrics really compares.  Next restock in a few weeks will have all black hardware.

I will preface this by saying that I work for Left Field, but I wear our black denim every day, and I really haven't really worn a better pair of pants.  I like the pants from Acne, but I don't think the quality of the fabrics really compares.  Next restock in a few weeks will have all black hardware.

These?; http://store.leftfieldnyc.com/product/collect-sulfur-dyed-black-greaser-jeans

Or is there another pair you guys have?

Edited by charisma

I don't think Acne is good benchmark for quality in anything. it's not terrible, but not good either. The only exception in terms of jeans in my experience is a pair of jet black jeans in a model called snake that they do not do anymore. i have been wearing them like 5 times a week for the last 2 years and they have held up perfectly. what i love about them is all the hidden detailing, no side or backpocket stitching is exposed and no rivets are present. the pockets aren't even top stiched, just folded in, best jeans i have worn really. Speaking on left field, ihad never seen the brand before, but the chelsea jeans seem extremely appealing, might give them a try in the near future in one of the colors available.

You think this dude is buying Acne for the finely spun denim?  Naw dude the fit on those pants linked above from left field is beat as fuck and only good if you're going to crop them up to show off your red wing boots and then tuck your t-shirt into the pants so you can pretend you're a mechanic.  The only alternative to Acne black jeans in the same price range is n(n) but you have to go through the trouble of proxying.

Edited by Sean9

the black will be available in the chelsea fit (slimmer) in a few weeks.

You think this dude is buying Acne for the finely spun denim?  Naw dude the fit on those pants linked above from left field is beat as fuck and only good if you're going to crop them up to show off your red wing boots and then tuck your t-shirt into the pants so you can pretend you're a mechanic.  The only alternative to Acne black jeans in the same price range is n(n) but you have to go through the trouble of proxying.

couldn't find measurements of the acne's online, but looked pretty similar to me.  got stupid and made a diagram to find out.

using a ruler i got these numbers (arbitrary value i guess).

http://i.imgur.com/Kcqhnd3.jpg

acne: waist 3.7, thigh 1.9, knee 1.3, ancle 1.3

lf: waist 3.9, thigh 2.0, knee 1.3, ancle 1.2

• 35" actual waistband
  • 35" inseam
  • 9.5" front rise
  • 14.5" back rise
  • 23" at upper thigh
  • 16.5" at the knee
  • 15" at the leg opening

Measured on a size 32x34, dimensions may vary with size.

actual waist: 31.5"

front rise: 11"

thigh: 12.25"

knee: 8.5"

leg opening: 7.75"

inseam: 37"

but since they aren't vanity sized...

actual waist: 33.4"

front rise: 11.25"

thigh: 12.75"

knee: 8.75"

leg opening: 8.25"

actual waist: 35.4"

front rise: 11.75"

thigh: 13.5"

knee: 9.5"

leg opening: 8.5"

hope that t shirt is loopwheeled.

Edited by Sean9

Neither.

If I had to pick, probably the Pump Fury HLS.

I don't like the Free sole they put on the Huarache Light upper, and the Pump Fury HLS is an ugly version of the regular Pump Fury. I could probably help you out on getting a better price on the Huarache, doe.

both are okay. just okay. was really fiending for huarache light frees for a while but now i'm rather apathetic about them. seconding skeet's opinion 
between the two opt for the hls pump furys. 

i do, however, disagree that the hls is uglier than the og. more like a diet/decaf version of the og fury. if the side cut and two piece sole on a pump fury is too much for your taste then kop hls with the quickness.