yes or no? / this or that?

chris

red wing wabasha boot?
so i'd gotten a pair of the red wing wabasha chukkas over the summer:

redwingwabasashachukka.jpg

as it was hot as all get out, i never really wore them. started rocking them about a month or so ago, and within a week i was already disappointed in them. the stitching on the front of one of the shoes @ the toe started to come undone. the parts of the toe where the pieces of leather come together started to fray, for lack of a better word. the leather lining along the ankle on the inside of the boot came unglued and rubbed against my ankles. also, due to the rough-out leather it was impossible to water/weather proof them without making them look like crap. just sent them back to the website i got them from with a kindly worded email regarding what i see as the shoddy craftsmanship on them and asking for a refund. no way a pair of boots that cost that much, made by a company like red wing should be in such shitty shape with very little hard wear with in such a short amount of time.

for some reason i remembered this post lol

Yannickl,

I have the Wabash but also the Timberland bastard brother of it.

Love them both and no quality issues what so ever.

Maybe it had something to do with the rough out leather??

The timbs however are Gore tex so if you are living in a wetter area cheaper and your feet stay dry...

http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPolloi-DII-175-201-timberland+goretex+boot+tan+green.html

which watch should I get:

this one ($150)

d6888f4c_3138.jpeg

or this one ($130)

792964c5_103k01_100seriesblack5.jpeg

or this one ($115), although i'm mainly between the first two

99-3408-zoom_new.jpg

I think the second one looks slightly cleaner, but the first one is slightly more functional, and with the numbers its quicker to tell time.

on the other hand, i don't know if i want to sport a logo that most people associate with electric razors and toothbrushes.

thoughts?