usa :: hawaii :: general

comaeternal

Hanauma bay is a fucking bleached out coral wasteland largely inhabited by fat fucks from middle America in rented fins and black knee high socks.

Avoid this shit at all cost.

Genki... you can get this level of sushi anywhere.

I didnt eat a lot of sushi when I lived there, but Akasaka comes to mind. Actually, Yohei is much better, but a bit far (u gotta take a bus), but worth it.

where would you suggest snorkeling to see some interesting stuff?

also where would you go kayaking?

forget genki and go to tokkuri tei in kapahulu or sasabune on king st.

for kayaking, rent one at kailua bay and paddle over to lanikai beach, the nicest beach on the island.

post a fit-pic.

alright, once i get a camera.

by the way jmatsu do you know where to access the chinatown underground market?

what do you mean? i guess not, cause i don't know what you are talking about.

hm i've just heard rumors about an underground market going on in chinatown that's only accessible to locals basically. my friend tried to ask around but the old chinese lady snapped at him saying "NO MARKET CLOSED". he white though.

i never heard of this, plus would they not grant me access cause i ain't local? how can people even tell these days though? what do they sell?

nah i think you'd be okay since you're asian. and yeah, hard to tell really. as for what they sell, i've just heard drugs, guns and women.

impossible.

i don't believe this.

Yeah me neither just thought you could shed some light on it

well you can buy drugs pretty much anywhere. most drug dealers b mobile in hawaii. there are krakhouses, but not in chinatown. there's a police substation there! not to mention with all the shitty new clubs, it's businessman/college student/yuppie central. whores....you could get one, but why would you want one from chinatown? GROSS! guns...maybe, but it's not as if honolulu chinatown has a reputation for selling that shit.

there is gambling parlors and mahjong, but this is actually universal of all chinatown throughout the world.

forget genki and go to tokkuri tei in kapahulu or sasabune on king st.

for kayaking, rent one at kailua bay and paddle over to lanikai beach, the nicest beach on the island.

when ppl rent stuff like jetskis/kayaks/surf boards are there usually just dudes on the beach with this stuff that you go up to or are there like legit companies and stuff with actual buildings?

• 5 months later...

i'll be spending a couple of months in HI next year.

I need to commute to queen's medical. Are there affordable / temporary housing options there? Will I get raped?

Do I need a car?

Can I score j beezys there?

i'll be spending a couple of months in HI next year.

I need to commute to queen's medical. Are there affordable / temporary housing options there? Will I get raped?

Do I need a car?

Can I score j beezys there?

Herp,

You will be competing with Univ students for housing, and depending on what type/level of place u wanna live rent is not gonna be cheap. I paid 750 for a studio apt in 06, and before that I lived in a dorm where rent was 450, but bathroom/kitchen was shared.

I would say that if you bring your barspinzzzz tarck machine you dont need a car. Your commute shouldnt be bad 15-40(max) minutes depending where you live, but do expect to be the sweaty mutherfucker at the office. I never had a car and was fine, but it does limit you as to where you can go on the island; north shore and the better beaches are not really bike able.

Jbeezy shall be scored.

Are there nice apartments for rent in Honolulu?

I'm going there next year just to check it out but

I might move to HI f'reals in a couple of years.

HI sounds like the closest thing to living in Japan.

I'm tired of living in the US (esp east coast).

Guest jmatsu
Are there nice apartments for rent in Honolulu?

I'm going there next year just to check it out but

I might move to HI f'reals in a couple of years.

HI sounds like the closest thing to living in Japan.

I'm tired of living in the US (esp east coast).

there are many nice apartments!

how much can afford a month for rent? just tell your parents to buy.

if you jap, you're basically gonna wanna live in a certain sector of honolulu. which the native barbarians refer 2 as simply "town."

just find something either in a 96815 or 96814 zip code and you'll be all set.

if i do decide to move, ill be there at least 3-4 years.

i might just buy a condo and pay the mortgage...

how do you like living in HI?

it can't be more boring than the place i live in right now...

Guest jmatsu
if i do decide to move, ill be there at least 3-4 years.

i might just buy a condo and pay the mortgage...

how do you like living in HI?

it can't be more boring than the place i live in right now...

honestly it's alittle different 4 me then it would be for you cause i got some investments here and considering our age differences, plus without getting too much into it the company i'm involved with pays alot of my living expenses. buying a condo esp if you jap is a great investment. though the tourist industry is probably not what it was compared to a couple years ago, if you own a unit in a decent and jap-respected area you can definitely find longstay tourist renters who you can rob for astronomical profits, or you can just rent to regular tenants for suggested market prices.

basically because you are jap and can speak good english (from what i know) there will be to worlds available to you. you can feel like u at home, yet will have some of the merits of living in "america." pls hawaii to japland airfare is pretty cheap (imo). my ideas of fun may be different than yours, but i'm pretty sure we both like nomikai, konpa, nanpa, jap food, bbq parties, yacht parties and the like. i don't know, when shit gets 2 boring i just go somewhere. anyway if you have any specific inquires just pm.

i tell u one thing, but hawaii has opened more doors as far as biz compared to tokyo. you'd be surprised at the network pumps/connections that exist in the hawaii-jap community.

• 2 years later...

Jules first moved to that upstairs row of stores because rent was "half the price" and shortly thereafter began to hold mega-sales (which I sadly was not present for) and then just ended up closing shop. Pretty sad as he was definitely the friendliest shop owner I've ever encountered.