Boston Shopping Guide - What are some good spots?

homi29

I'm going to Boston in a couple weeks for a long weekend, and im just wondering what are some good shopping spots.

Any boston supershoppers on here?

I'm looking for mainly streetwear/sneaker boutiques, as well as maybe a few good outlet malls, and some nice higher end stores that carry designer jeans or maybe someone can point me to some polo/lacoste retailers/outlets

thanks in advance guys

Quote:

I'm going to Boston in a couple weeks for a long weekend, and im just wondering what are some good shopping spots.

Any boston supershoppers on here?

I'm looking for mainly streetwear/sneaker boutiques, as well as maybe a few good outlet malls, and some nice higher end stores that carry designer jeans or maybe someone can point me to some polo/lacoste retailers/outlets

thanks in advance guys

--- Original message by homi29 on Jul 18, 2005 09:17 PM

go to louis boston on newbury. theres also a store called ricardi on newbury, its euro-trashy, but carry some decent denim brands. shopping is pretty slim in boston.

if youre into vintage- definatly go to bobby from boston on thayer st. its a showroom but is open to the public by apointment on the weekdays, or on saturdays from 12-6. 3000 square feet- has some good vintage denim..and priced really well.

sweet-orr

stel's on newburry carries APC, Corpus, etc.,. (service level is bar none in the city). also try jean therapy near kenmore square for jeans (on the green line). ricardi on newburry has evisu, helmut lang, rogan, etc.,. for shoes, try the tannery in havard square (red line). don't forget filene's basement in downtown crossing, you never know what you can find there (there are stores nearby that carry urban type clothing as well). for outlet shopping you have to go way out of the city (20 miles) to wrentham outlet. you'll find polo, lacoste, burberry and other factory stores there. copley mall is a near downtown upscale mall that's accessible, there're levi's and some big name dept stores there...but there's really nothing spectecular. boston doesn't have the fashion variety found in NYC or LA, so just keep that in mind and enjoy the scenery.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

pick a restaurant on newbury st (stephanie's, charlie's, sonsie) and get a patio seat.

for seafood, try mccormick & schmick's or legal seafood; for steaks, try abe & louie's or grill 23; for italian and pizza's ask your cabbie to take you to the north end; for chinese try grand chow chow in china town (opens till 3-4am);

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif