Style Inspiration

Kodak

Straying away from photos that guide us to somewhere or someone we hope to be.

I think words can do the same too.

I was watching 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' and Sean Penn's character was relating to the protagonist

about a snow leopard and its elusiveness and said, "Beautiful things don't ask for attention".

It seemed like something Yohji would have said.

I think the appeal of certain images is instantaneous, and can be added to the 'inspiration' bank for some of us, so to speak. these images can be gathered together to form a kind of singular image of inspiration, but ye, I think you're right regarding quotes, and that is a brilliant example.

image-20.jpg

Kensington pool hall, '84. Looks like it coulda been yest.

^ denudes?

i've never really liked jonze before, but i'm so looking forward to her. i recently grew my moustache back and am 'inspired' to start wearing my light pink ocbd again. i think a lot of us on here can probably relate to be lonely people addicted to technology and wearing fruity clothing.

vDYk6aT.jpg

Edited by conqueror

The Sapeurs of the Congo

...Soon Yves Kandaiz, a Sapeur friend of Kalubi, arrives dressed in a flowing black all-Yohji-Yamamoto outfit—a skirt and hooded-jacket combo that makes him look like one of the sand people in "Star Wars." Brazzaville Sapes worship classical fashion. Kin Sapeurs, they tell me, adore Yohji because his style is violent and brutal, in line with the spirit of their city. Where Salvador and Elyfontaine, over in Brazzaville, dressed, strutted and spoke like someone from a Somerset Maugham novel, Kalubi and Kandaiz take to the streets in an utterly different way: Kandaiz extends one arm and holds his jacket open, as if spreading a wing, to reveal the Yohji label inside. Kalubi stomps in the dirt like he's marching off to war.

Edited by howl

the adoration of yohji was just a point of relevance to what we are interested in, here on sufu.
sure, the sapeurs are mostly #menswear, something many on here don't relate to but the aesthetic is beside the point.

"Watching him walk onto the dance floor I realize that when men dress as Sapeurs they become different people. Their gait, their gestures, and their manner of speaking are all transformed. The clothes are the gateway into a whole other way of being in the world."

this is the point. about attitude. about how they overcome their situations by using fashion as a means of elevating themselves to the level of self-worth they believe they are worthy of.

Reminds me of lolitas who go princessmode when they dress up. Least they arent in danger of jadedness. Make believe sometimes feels more genuine than the real thing.

Sounds nice i guess even if i dont buy it. The whole idea, the way it resonates has that romantic quality thats bound to catch on with ppl kinda like what you said earlier about beautiful things. But in practice we can prob think of a hundred beautiful things that ask for attention.

Ive got a bunch so im gonna put the pics into spoiler tabs

so hard to find pics of neon signs that arent of tumblrcore phrases

450px-City_neon_lights.jpg

4424-neon-sign-service.jpg

geodes are fucking rad

tumblr_mztdirYjK91qb141to1_500.jpg

tumblr_mx7kqzmT351qe14cdo8_500.jpg

i draw a lot of inspiration from skateboarding/skate culture 

tumblr_n00pxmY0fT1rzwf3po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n01368qB8B1sg7xpuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n00q4yU2nj1ses2u1o1_500.jpg

graff

taki1832650_taki183.jpg

24BygoneJp.span.jpg

^ denudes?

i've never really liked jonze before, but i'm so looking forward to her. i recently grew my moustache back and am 'inspired' to start wearing my light pink ocbd again. i think a lot of us on here can probably relate to be lonely people addicted to technology and wearing fruity clothing.

vDYk6aT.jpg

most beautiful boring movie ever