Style Inspiration

Kodak

rocknroll is my inspiration right now. various bands and so on.
ian watkins,frontman of lostprophets and the vintage look
I'm drawing lots of my current inspiration from Kanye, Hedi Slimane (of course), Alex Kapranos (of Franz Ferdinand), the people of NYC and just my life in general.

- Ben

(10) .

2001_monolith.jpg

If he's referring to this new technology (the post that used this image) as some sort of means to create an ultimate non-reflecting blackness which inspires his style then that's pretty badass:

Researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY working with semiconductor maker Crystal IS have developed a new type of coating that can eliminate almost all reflections. It essentially works by growing layers of nanoscale rods on a surface that project in all different directions. By varying the angles of the rods across multiple layers reflections can be almost completely eliminated.

The researchers found that by changing the angle of the nanorods, they can control the way the nanorods bend light–the index of refraction. Air has an index of refraction of very nearly one. The researchers were able to make a top layer of nanorods with what Schubert says is an unprecedented index of 1.05. (For comparison, glass has an index of refraction of 1.45, and a light-emitting semiconductor, aluminum nitride, has an index of about 2.05.) Each successive layer has a higher index of refraction until the last layer nearly matches the substrate. The top two layers incorporate glass nanorods. The bottom three are made of titania.

Science-fiction references aside there’s actually some useful applications for this technology right now. For example in LEDs a large amount of the light generated by the semiconductor is trapped inside the device by reflections. Using the new nanoscale structures would improve their ‘light-emitting’ performance by a surprising 40 percent. Even something like digital cameras could benefit greatly from this given the amount of light that’s either lost or trapped as it passes through the prism, lenses and hits the sensor.

Oh and I can finally build that monolith I’ve always wanted for my front lawn to scare off the neighborhood kids or at least teach them to use primitive tools.

i was wondering how the black in the picture was so unreflective and flat thanks servo that was interesting i wonder if their be able to reproduce that same effect in a material for clothing somehow? i doubt it but it would be nice

The image Still used is from Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's only related in the sense that it has the appearance of not giving off any reflections.

• 1 month later...

musik01b.jpg

6kh9f77.jpg

6yf0m54.jpg

derrick%20may.jpg

forgot this one, altho not jeans, awesome outfi, anyone got an idea what pants those are: (on common)

untitled.jpg