Style Inspiration

Kodak

ive come to realize that fashion bores me. that being said, i take my style inspiration from everything that i have seen up to this point, everything ive done, everything i have experienced.

what a cute little statement. fashions a bore, so you've drawn upon your life's total experiences to inspire a t-shirt/jeans combo every single day...?

f

what a cute little statement. fashions a bore, so you've drawn upon your life's total experiences to inspire a t-shirt/jeans combo every single day...?
dude he dont want the fashoinista scene chixx rubbin up on him...

plus t-shirt jeans hard too look good in em most of time...i went to walmart to go to get my pictures developed and i saw some of the ugliest t-shirts and jeans there...(on the cutsomers and in the store)...that's the last time i go there even tho they gave me quality shots...

plus if u c abercromie kid walkin round wit abercromie n u dont like it u probably wont wear abercrombie musle fit shirts! i wont' lie im not very creative i just brand/designer-whore...

i dont draw on anything consciously... i dont think too much about it at all. fashion, following designers, following trends, thats what bores me... i dont care about who put what on the runway.

Pretentious?

maybe... but is it better to base your style on your experience and ideas or someone elses

ive come to realize that fashion bores me. that being said, i take my style inspiration from everything that i have seen up to this point, everything ive done, everything i have experienced.

Hahaha, "fashion bores me, now let me go back to supertalk so I can rack up post number 2000."

Yes, I'm sure "everything [you have] experienced" is far loftier and more substantial than the mere plebes in this thread that are obviously not as worldly as you are, and must be forced to use the gaudy fashion industry for inspiration.

YOU ARE AN ICON OF EFFORTLESS STYLE, OH GODLY ONE.

Hahaha, "fashion bores me, now let me go back to supertalk so I can rack up post number 2000."

Yes, I'm sure "everything [you have] experienced" is far loftier and more substantial than the mere plebes in this thread that are obviously not as worldly as you are, and must be forced to use the gaudy fashion industry for inspiration.

YOU ARE AN ICON OF EFFORTLESS STYLE, OH GODLY ONE.

You're blowing this out of proportion. cheep's comments don't imply that his experiences are in any way lofty or superior - only that he prefers a casual personality in his clothes to the more constructed looks that are displayed on the runway. There's nothing wrong with outfits that reflect rugged, everyday life; and it's only to be expected that the people who wear them are bored by the fashion industry. Don't get so offended.

I agree that people are taking the comment and this discussion a little too seriously. With that said, i do think that saying "fashion bores me" on a forum such as this (and in the 'superfashion' section no less) is asking for trouble. The part that kind of irritates me personally about cheeps post is this:

"i take my style inspiration from everything that i have seen up to this point, everything ive done, everything i have experienced."

Of course you do. Everyone does, whether they acknowledge it or not...

• 2 weeks later...

And

00023f.jpg

Franc Roddam - Quadrophenia (1979)

00020f.jpg

Wes Anderson - Rushmore (1998)

00003f.jpg

Richard Lester - A Hard Day’s Night (1964)

00001f.jpg

Federico Fellini - 8½ (1963)

00022f.jpg

Peter Yates - Bullitt (1968)

00018f.jpg

Antonioni - Blowup (1966)

And this was posted already

00005f.jpg

Jim Jarmusch - Stranger Than Paradise (1984)

Another photo from Breathless...

00019f.jpg