Style Inspiration

Kodak

yeah.. those guys are something else.

but most of their clothing is old and worn as fuck. find a lot of it in thrift shops down east and all along the coast.

Haha its a Maine Lobsterman. Nothing special about that guy in particular. I just always loved that steez.

Wooster is a contrived fucking toolbox and he looks like the worst parts of menswear blogs 95% of the time.

Late pass: I'm conflicted about that dude. For lack of a better expression, he brings a certain punk-rock aesthetic to menswear (which is a good thing). He certainly has crafted a specific look, but sometimes you see a photo of Wooster and he seems like a Wooster impersonator (which is a bad thing).

I don't see any punk in his aesthetic. Maybe it's becase I don't look at fashion pics anymore?

But aside from the tattoos and looking stern in most of his pics, I don't see it.

I dig that he can pull off various patterns, colors vs monotone, and what not. But there's not much to it, considering he has a relatively average build. And with an average build, anyone can make any article of clothing look good.

^Agreed, but I couldn't really come up with a better expression. However, there is a certain strain of anti-establishment in his style, which is punk rock. His best looks are riffs on traditional stuff, however, Thom Browne did that first (well, first in our lives). So, maybe a certain Jazz-aesthetic?

Experimental, everything he wears is based on a traditional piece but modified to stray away from the classical stuffy roots they reside in? There is a genre for everything!

I'm not gonna lie, I don't see anything special coming from the guy.

I mean, I get why people dig him, but I just don't see anything much from that.

You got an average athletic builded middle aged man, covered in tattoos, with military inspired facial hair (didn't realize that, huh?) decked out in current mens wear. I'm not saying the clothes don't fit him well, but I don't see how it's anymore aesthetically appeasing than putting it on a mannequin.

And why is HTTTGAP all over his jock? Because dude probably sucked at clothes growing up.

I'll never understand why people think some things in fashion is "next level" when all it really is, is taking it back to its roots. Not even modifying anything.

How about we not make punk and jazz seem lame by equating them with wearing zany shoes.

I can see what he means though, like, I'm dressed up as fuck but I still don't look like a bigwig/stiff. Definitely a trait of the earlier jazz fellows.

The thing I don't like about Wooster is that I see no conviction behind any part of his aesthetic...

I just picture his train of thought being like: I'm in a fancy suit because it's cool, I have these sunglasses on because it's cool, I have tattoos because it makes me look cool.

Where is the discretion? Why is someone his age so concerned with looking cool instead of having his own identity?

All fashion and no style...