Style Inspiration

Kodak

alright so in elementary school, principal had this mad scheme to take kids money by selling these pencils that had dope designs on them for a quarter. so all the kids would collect these shits and I swear that I had a pencil that was = this guy's suit

edit: what the fuck is this anyways? some screenshot of a nebula printed on reflective material or what

ichi the killer. also sooooo legit fit above me wtf

f_musicrecviem_1dafd08.jpg

been thinking about U2 a lot lately

the ad campaign for achtung fucking blew my world when i was a kid

really, the first thing that really cued me in to any notion of fashion or style (beyond nyt mag ads/spreads, none of which really stand out individually)

all those crazy corbijn shots, the intense color matched with black and white, the eye makeup, the cutoff sleeves, the mystery, the implied symbolism, the lack of a title on the cover...everything about it seemed like it was from another world

obviously, nevermind had a huge impact on me too, but that whole thing seemed to be anti-fashion in a way

achtung was the real birth of my awareness of any alternative to the culture of an extremely bland ohio suburb

good record, too

anyone know what designers they wore/worked with back then?

look into the band The Alarm, they were friends with U2 and came out of the same scene... however they created the look that U2 ripped off. bummer to The Alarm

everybody rips off everybody

you think the alarm just made up their style out of whole cloth?

my feeling on the thing is if you went on to make better music, you win

to the victor go the spoils (alarm had some good tunes tho)

plus, by the time achtung came out U2 was on some other shit

that was one reason it jumped out at me so much, i think