Style Inspiration

Kodak

This video might have just changed my life

MONFwVwTVy0

The guy dancing......I dont even know what to say, or even how to feel

The "guy dancing" is Neville Staple. He still does his think in the UK too...

m_d3fe0741d76d974eda7d22a01678aa57.jpg

^^ Nice kit by the way. The Specials had so much style.

a1_450.jpg

x100000000

• 2 weeks later...
:)

april.jpg

I don't understand a single thing you post. It looks like your just copy + pasting works from different designers and photographers? Is this only for those 'in the know'. Besides black/white, or maybe old shit. Maybe both, I dont see a common theme. I just dont get it. What are we supposed to take from this other than you like to make collages?

I just dont get it. What are we supposed to take from this other than you like to make collages?

it's just an "inspiration sheet" no?

not a study on a particular style.

I dont know what an inspiration sheet is, sorry.

that's why it's her post, and not yours, seen.

I dont know what this means? I assumed the point of this thread was to express what inspires you. But if its autistic in nature, where you just post a picture that nobody else is supposed to understand then my bad.

I wasnt insulting her/him I was generally curious. Seen?

it's like a mood board... i don't see what's autistic about it just because it isn't literal.

That was in response to your post. It seems as if you were saying 'doesnt matter what it means to anyone else because its hers'.

I just wanted to know what means...

But now I don't even care, I just want to fight you. Date/time?

on the fisherman tip, opera north's production of Peter Grimes:

Peter%20Grimes%206.jpg

tweed, patch pockets, college scarves, blasers, boaties, great stuff (chariots of fire).

chariotsOfFire.gif

happy together (Wong Kar-wai)

sex_film.jpg

beasties:

129-beastie-boys.jpg

I don't understand a single thing you post. It looks like your just copy + pasting works from different designers and photographers? Is this only for those 'in the know'. Besides black/white, or maybe old shit. Maybe both, I dont see a common theme. I just dont get it. What are we supposed to take from this other than you like to make collages?
omg an attack hassulk.gif

you're not supposed to take anything at all from my own personal inspirations! Are you inspired by every other image in this thread? If mine mean nothing to you, then that's fine but I would never ask someone to justify their inspirations because I didn't get it.

They're just moodboards... I don't really know what to tell you beyond that. There certainly is a common theme to each... I don't just paste random things. They're all cohesive to me in that they fit into the themes I am going for. If you truly want an explaination for the one you quoted, you can read it here.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay this is from a movie... that is FAR from stylish. It did spark one very striking style inspiration though.

pinocchio 964

964pinocchio33ga8.jpg

I know pyramid pendants ain't new, but this sure as hell gives me a better reason to want to wear one.

• 2 weeks later...