Sweat Pants.

jabar

About two weeks ago I received a pair of the Coming Soon track/sweatpants from their first collection (this season). Better than y-3 because there is no stupid logo and much cheaper than Lanvins (though still $200).

I originally saw them while in Rome, passed, regretted and fiended, finally grabbed through the help of a friend in Europe (no one in the US carried them).

They look great. Side pockets, slight drop crotch w/ slim legs and tight fitting from the lower shin down to the ankle. Look awesome in high tops.

I also feel that 99% of the people I will pass by in NYC will automatically reject the sweatpants on principle alone (regardless of detailing, fit, etc.). As such, I try to overcompensate the casual-ness of the pants by wearing more formal tops (button ups, slim-fitting casual sportcoat, luxury sweaters, etc.). Through this I guess I am hoping that I will get that second look that will change their perception.

Will post pics if interested.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

a couple of people have been asking about fancy-ass sweatpants in the small questions thread. resurrecting this thread.

sweatpants.jpg

These Jan-Jan Van Essche sweatpants look great.

I'm not sure why they only make "one size", but the fit looks good.

Not too slouchy such that your cock draped in curtains.. but at the same time, not too "tailored-skinny" (skinny sweats like the BoO ones are stupid...)

Nice taper on these too.

someone kop:

http://www.huntingandcollecting.com/shop/men-clothes/385-sweatpants.html

anyone who is 5'10" or shorter and 32~ waist or lower... you can buy "fashion" sweats on ebay or yesstyle/zipia/wholesale-dress/whatever for cheap. asia mass produces these in every colour, drop, pocket configuration and taper if you're patient enough to look for them

as for quality.. they're like $20-40 a pair shipped so just buy a few different kinds if you want and pick the best one. the ones that didn't work for me i just end up wearing them at home.. cause they're sweatpants

• 3 months later...

20757456_030_b.jpg

Just bought these sweats in green and grey from UO ($20, pretty cheap for something slim), but then I came across something cooler/more substantial looking from a local brand. it's $120 though...

shot0114436-arthur-char--342x456.jpg

agreed with ke1 re saving your money on the $120 ones.

however, i quite like those UO ones - mostly because of the faded forest colour and slightly higher break. pretty cool, and for $20 seems like a good deal.

i picked up a pair of sweatpants without even trying them on for $20 just to have something to run in. i forgot what the average person who buys sweatpants apparently demands. i could easily fit three or four of my legs in one pant leg. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...