Denim Stores In Australia

Invisible

^ All the jeans are priced $370 AUD, both jackets (type II and III) at $500. Also a LVC sweater for $220,and a T-shirt at $120. This is just a little bit more expensive compared with American RRP, which is surprisingly steep given the competition from Japan. 

All the denim is now Cone, and the jeans/jackets all made in America. 

Maybe it is because I have been wearing Japanese denim for too long, but I found the jeans a little boring - the fabrics did not have much texture or hand-feel. To be honest, and in my own opinion, I did not find any of the jeans interesting at all (apologies to LVC fans.)

The construct was OK: Nothing special, nothing era specific or vintage-like. I feel Edwin did a better job with the Lee and Wrangler repros back in the day than LVC is doing with their own.

The sweatshirt and the Ts were okay, definitely not at the level of the Japanese brands in terms of fabric or construct, but cost more than the Japanese stuff. 

I applaud Levi's for finally brining in LVC, but the value proposition is low. 

I'd recommend sticking with Japanese denim, unless you specifically want reproduction jeans that are branded Levi's. 

Edited by mikecch

^ haha, I just went in with some expectations and perhaps an investigative agenda. Happy that the Aussie denim scene is growing though; having the LVC range here, officially, is pretty cool.

The Real McCoy is officially launching in Australia.

Marty at Godspeed Store will be hosting a product night this Friday - I'll be there too.

Come say hi to me to get your photo taken (and uploaded onto this thread and my blog ;D)

5 hours ago, Sensuki said:

Was nice to meet you Mike, how did the photos of our wallets turn out?

Nice to meet you too!

The lighting wasn't great, but here they are:

VmIbX2G.jpg

Some more photos from The Real McCoy's Australian product launch:

ZLQ653G.jpg

i5Sv8Ba.jpg

GJ3fXNM.jpg

Full set of photos here:

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2017/07/08/the-real-mccoys-product-night-australia/

Edited by mikecch

^ Spent the whole time talking, didn't even get to try the highball or the pizza :D

Should have more events like this. Maybe we could plan a Melbourne SuFu / IG meet-up later this year? 

Edited by mikecch

• 3 months later...

Big props to the guys at Godspeed (they're in/near Melbourne, They have a well-selected and edited product line which would appeal to denim addicts. They were more than able to take an order from a US customer and ship abroad. Exchange rate AND their prices are favorable. Inquire about chainstitch hemming - the service is included with the cost of purchase - something that's still rare these days.

Martin Kirby took very good care of the order and responded very quickly even when he was out of country in Japan for a work trip. Highly recommended.

Edited by mlyngard

• 4 months later...

New store opened up in Melbourne last week.
Davy is the guy who owns it
It's the old upthere store for those that remember :)

Vibe is 1930/40/50s with current brand list :

Attractions and co
Muller and Bros
WearMasters
Heller's Cafe
Clinch Boots
Peanuts & Co
Warehouse & Co
Dapper's
Belafonte Ragtime Clothing

13.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

14.jpg

11.jpg

Had a chance to visit Lieutenant & Co. today.

There are definitely some interesting brands available. It is very cool to see these type of stores in Melbourne.

Davy is keen on organising a meet up. He is active on IG and maybe if there is enough interest, a meet up can be arranged.