Denim Stores In Australia

Invisible

7 hours ago, louisbosco said:

i've never had good service at both their stores, melbourne and sydney. i find them quite judgemental and they hardly come by to say hi or ask if you need any help. 

Disappointing as they have a good range. Is there anywhere else in oz that has good stock of loopwheeled hoodies and tees?

6 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

well i mean if you're going to order online, it's not going to matter that much innit? 

well, in melbourne, picklings and parry and godspeed does some good stuff. great guys as well, Chris and Marty respectively!

Seconding this.

On 7/16/2018 at 3:19 AM, deniall83 said:

Disappointing as they have a good range. Is there anywhere else in oz that has good stock of loopwheeled hoodies and tees?

frankly speaking had only good experience with buying with them on-line (as I am at the north of Europe): always provided real measurements for the requested items, answered all of my questions and no problems with shipping. 

9 hours ago, louisbosco said:

since when?!?!

A few weeks ago. It was real short notice. Josh put something up on the RHD Facebook page on a Monday saying the shop would shut on the Friday. I thought it might be wrapping up completely but subsequently found out it's going solely online. Not much communication about it tbh... 

interesting thoughts on customer service - i'm happy with a 'hey', or even just a nod/smile, and then being left alone. honestly the only sufu related store i can even remember someone not even acknowledging my presence was GIP in shibuya.

re: RHD - i don't live in SA anymore so didn't really visit the store much (maybe once a year), but it just seemed to continually shrink with time. bummer for adelaide nonetheless. my first purchase from there was actually a present bought by an ex-gf way back in late 2009. time flies.

edit: i worked at american apparel from 2010-2013ish and at the start we had a 'policy' where we weren't meant to greet customers. it didn't last long as you can imagine.

Edited by conqueror

re: customer service:

I actually found the Corlection Melbourne customer service rather consistent. Generally if I went over and looked at or picked up an item, either Charlie or Rui would come over and go through the bulletpoints about the item that they list on the website, as if they knew all of them off by heart, also in a rather natural manner. They would also comment or offer opinions on the sizing as well, in a loose sense "go for a 38 if you like a slim fit, or size up if you like a looser fit" and would assist you when you were in the change room.

I didn't buy too many of the jeans though, mostly t-shirts and accessories.

Other Menswear shops in Melbourne do have very good customer service as well though - Up There, Pickings, Godspeed being denim-related ones.

Edited by Sensuki

So I visited Corlection today as I had a day off and needed to drop something off with anthill in the Levi's store. The service was as good as I've had anywhere to be honest. I was looking at hoodies and was asked if I needed a particular size and after asking a few questions was explained how much shrink to expect and how to care for the garments properly. I left with an SG hoodie in XL and I'm very happy with the product and the experience. I understand people's experiences differ greatly and retail is a difficult gig to get right 100% of the time but at least for me, the service was good today.

• 2 months later...

I've always found Charlie, Rui, Sangho and Lee at Corlection to be very friendly.

(Charlie has gone back to China at this time.)

Sometimes I'll stay and chat for half an hour or more, never any problems.

They always provide some neat insights and suggestions too. Certainly, if there are any issues with products or transactions, they get on top of it straight away.

At times they've gone above and beyond, in terms of special order items and reservation of new season products.

I'm sure whatever issues exist can be sorted out easily through friendly conversation.

On a different note, Ant of Ant Hill Workshop and Levi's Australia has completed my Type 3 customisation!

20180929_132732-01.jpeg

• 10 months later...

Nigel Cabourn and Emilie Casiez’s meet & greet event at Pickings & Parry / Heffernan & Haire last week was one of the bigger heritage-wear events in Melbourne this year.

Let’s have some photos ~

V9GanGT.jpg

jangOch.jpg

UnydCJJ.jpg

EZYIvmm.jpg

YujMyIN.jpg

QEmbqSa.jpg

iThh2oQ.jpg

OEsc7Ck.jpg

I5wkFBS.jpg

1xASFfn.jpg

ZwT07vT.jpg