Denim Stores In Australia

Invisible

Bonus:

Some cool leather wallets at Corlection.

iNy1cXR.jpg

FtoAeUY.jpg

ZMv27iz.jpg

Cordovan + deerskin hiker boots from The Flat Head:

m4H5yQZ.jpg

The Flat Head bracelets:

3fiIEk0.jpg

Definitely worth a visit if you are in Melbourne...unless you are from Sydney, where I would imagine the flagship store would be even more impressive.

Edited by mikecch

Pure Blue Japan, Freewheelers, Full Count, Momotaro, Japan Blue, Iron Heart, Jelado, Orgueil, Studio D'Artisan, Skull Jeans, The Flat Head, Real Japan Blues, The Strike Gold, Warehouse, Stevensons etc...

Lots of leather goods, silvers/hardware and shoes too:

Thorogood, Kawatako, The Flat Head, S.F.K., Red Wing, First Arrow, etc.

I think there is no such shop outside of Japan, at least I've not come up with any. SE, BiG and SoaS come close, but not quite. And this is not even the main store. Jelly.

I think Melbourne and Sydney Corlection stores are pretty interchangeable.. the shop fittings are more established in Sydney, but there looks to be more space in Melbourne — more t-shirts on the rack, at least.

Twice, I think, I have ordered items (free postage — cheaper than catching the bus to the shop!) that I know I've seen on the shelves in Sydney, and they have come from Melbourne, where presumably they had the correct size for me.  They do run a smooth operation.  I do wish they'd carry fewer slim, tapered models, but I can't remember the last time I paid retail for jeans so shouldn't expect them to cater to me..!

I've bought more t-shirts and accessories (belt, wallet, couple of bags on special) than anything else there.. still enough to work my way up to a 10% discount.

They must have one of the stupidest websites I've seen .....

yeah its not great, the physical store itself and the people who run it are fantastic though; I pay the australia tax there just to support them: i rate their stock higher than most stores I've visited in europe and even japan (personal taste). it is very sufu-ish in some ways.

they are completely shooting themselves in the foot by being in perth and having such a shitty website. you can get away with some sort of fake aura of exclusivity by having no web presence in a huge metropolis like tokyo or whatever, but it's not sustainable in w.a.

I really don't think thats the vibe they are going for. If you've met the owner you would see he's a geninue down to earth guy with a passion for clothes. 

It takes a lot of time and work to get a functioning webstore up and running with regular updates.

They've just celebrated their second birthday so i don't think they are doing too badly without a website.

I wish they would do one so that i could drool over their products ! :D 

you ever wondered if that's not what they're looking for? just a simple business in perth providing the locals with stuff we can't get in perth locally.

yeah, good point. i was thinking of a $$$ perspective. i still stand by my point re: long term, though. would love to be wrong.

yeah, good point. i was thinking of a $$$ perspective. i still stand by my point re: long term, though. would love to be wrong.

they also have relationships with "clients" who will put an order in for like 8-10 items from a collection. I tried to get a nanamica gore-tex bucket hat and the sales rep said that most of the stock from the collection was immediately sold to this dude. There are enough web-shops out there already tbh, I'd rather support stores that allows you to try stuff on and try and curate a certain look rather than the shotgun approach and sell to whoever on the internet - a bit snobby but w/e

Edited by muiduag

Why bother having a website I wonder then ? I Live in Western Australia so I am happy to be able to check out their store , I'm just not convinced about the website , why is it that you have a website that is impossible to navigate ? Because you're only interested in selling stuff from the store ? Well at least tell me what's brands you carry or something ... if they are going for mystic they got shitstic i reckon

• 4 weeks later...

Some work done by Anthony of Anthill Workshop, located in the Pickings & Parry shop.

Anthony recently went to work on my SDA, Oni and Tanuki jeans.

P5Odnjh.jpg

rZEHtNu.jpg

bCsGlZs.jpg

Will have a few more inseam taper photos to show you soon.

In the mean time, I have to say 100% confidence in Anthony's inseam taper work...I kinda want to bring all my pants in and get them adjusted.

He measures from the waist down, beginning adjustments mid-thigh.

Then, he matches the original inseam construction & thread colour.

The seam in the photo above is neater than the original too~~~

Hemming is included too, btw.

• 1 month later...

Dropped by Godspeed a couple of times recently, Marty's doing some really interesting stuff and the space looks even nicer still.

Red Cloud is in store now, and more Tanuki fabrics are available too.

snxxcdx.jpg

Also, starting to pay attention to more serious leathers than what we usually have in Australia.

Collab with Tailfeather using Sedgwick bridle leather:

Uv4FT91.jpg

jWWNYg5.jpg

More Tanuki stuff:

sb41O7M.jpg

BObSQ9M.jpg

And some very interesting developments to be revealed in 2017!

For one thing, the leathers are going to get even more serious.

Shaping up nicely.