Corpus FW07

rowyerboat

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice jacket but a button fell off of mine on the 2nd wear

yeah, when i was trying on the berliner i noticed that a good portion of the buttons (probably 4/7) were actually on the verge of popping off, and the rest were loose

i still bought it and got my momdukes to reinforce the buttons and i have never been happier with a jacket, its pretty fucking sweet.

i really like the bomber too, but it didnt fit me right

How did she go about re inforcing the buttons? I might be picking up the bomber, so maybe I'll do something similar if I get it.

You wont need to on the leather bomber. The buttons are rock solid, and you'll rarely use them anyway as it has slash pockets. I'm guessing the bomber was manufactured somewhere different from the rest of the line, as the quality and construction are very much superior to the other Corpus pieces.

Ok, I love the line this year, but what the fuck is with the sizing?

I have a lot of stuff from corpus this year, and so far my size range is thus:

XL in the cadet jacket

M in the cadet sweater

L in the print tees

L in the roll up shirt

XL in the grey henley

XL in the epaulet shirt

M in the assymetric black cardi

You wont need to on the leather bomber. The buttons are rock solid, and you'll rarely use them anyway as it has slash pockets. I'm guessing the bomber was manufactured somewhere different from the rest of the line, as the quality and construction are very much superior to the other Corpus pieces.

That's good to hear, I feel like everyone had complaints about the quality of the items they had purchased.

Ok, I love the line this year, but what the fuck is with the sizing?

I have a lot of stuff from corpus this year, and so far my size range is thus:

XL in the cadet jacket

M in the cadet sweater

L in the print tees

L in the roll up shirt

XL in the grey henley

XL in the epaulet shirt

M in the assymetric black cardi

Sounds like you're in between a L and XL. The cadet sweater and assym cardi both run about a size big.

Confused about sizing here ... usually a small; ~ 35 chest.

Looking at Corpus print tees and a buffalo check shirt ... revolve recommends sizing up one. Can anyone give me solid advice/ actual measurements with these items?

They measure about normal to me. Like AA but fit a lot nicer. Small probably measures 18.75" or something. My local boutique only has 2 tshirts and the 3/4 pocket shirt though.

Thanks to Elisse at Revolve measurements on Corpus tshirts (s) chest 16", length 25".

(m) chest 18", length 26".

shirts (based on plaquet shirt in brown check) (s) chest 18", sleeve length 25", length 30".

(m) chest 20", sleeve length 25", length 31".

Some of thats from memory though ... chests definitely as I was quoted though.

hows the construction for the asymmetrical cadet jacket? might end up picking cause how awsome it looks unbotton wit the sharp lapel thingy sticking out

Construction seems decent, but like others mentioned the buttons felt like they might pop anytime.

Fit was kinda short as well, when worn the jacket doesn't really fit anything like the lookbook. (maybe sizing up would help though)

I also couldn't stand the shiny material of the jacket.

Looks cool in fluorescent light, where it seems like a sheen coating.

But under warm lights it looks cheap.

Thanks to Elisse at Revolve measurements on Corpus tshirts (s) chest 16", length 25".

(m) chest 18", length 26".

shirts (based on plaquet shirt in brown check) (s) chest 18", sleeve length 25", length 30".

(m) chest 20", sleeve length 25", length 31".

Some of thats from memory though ... chests definitely as I was quoted though.

Bad news. The tshirts don't measure 16" pit to pit. I guess pit seam to pit seam or something. Measuring straight across when adjusted i'd guess that a small tshirt is about 18.5" and a medium is about 19.5"-20". That's what i gathered from trying them on. If a small was 16" that shirt would still be attatched to my skin. They're probably as slim if not slightly slimmer than AA. Fit a lot better though.

Ellise has a cute voice though. I talked with her the other day when returning a shirt.

Just call them and have your invoice number. Get ellise's # while you're at it.

Used the online im type service they have going on there ... got michelle this time. Good service idea but instead of just changing it for a small I had to cancel my whole order and reorder, meaning I have to wait for a refund now as well as wait a tad longer for shipment ... just reach into the box and change the medium for a small, I need these shits before xmas.

Does anybody have the "Corpus Detachable Sleeve and Hood Pullover"?

I had one, but returned it. It was a medium and fit a bit smaller than all of my other medium hoodies. Definitely tighter than American Apparel medium pullover hoodies or a W+H Classic Fit medium, but it was probably just as long as either of those.

If you're thin and want to wear it relatively tight, I'd say go true to size.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how their button down shirts fit? I was thinking of picking up one of the plaid ones before they're all gone. Any idea on a pit to pit if someone owns them or some other sizing advice?

What about the toggle cardigan (they call it the split cardigan)? Should i size up 1 on that for layering or is it already cut pretty big? Anyone handle that before and can speak of how the material/construction felt on it? I mean, the small in corpus tshirts fit me really nice but definitely snug. Curious if i should go with small or medium.

^A small would probably serve you better.

I wear medium in Corpus tees and I got the small.

Fits me perfectly.

I'm about 5'8" and 150 lbs.

I like the cardigan alot, the construction does feel a but flimsy, but I wasn't expecting much in this price range.

My only gripe is prob. the smell of the material, not very pleasant.

One thing I do love is the big front pockets, nice touch.

Yea, Gargyle emailed me back saying the cardigan in medium measured about 21". Too big for me. I bought the brown check shirt though.

I wish revolve had my size in stuff.