eliminating facial hair "grey areas"

some people ever notice that no matter how close a shave you get, theres still grey on the spots you shaved? well, is there any sort of way of eliminating this?

I don't know what you mean by "grey spots," but I'm assuming you mean like a irremovable, subtle, 5 o'clock shadow.

I don't know how to beat it, but I notice I get the best shaves when I go a few weeks and then shave. It's almost impossible for me to get a good shave when its stubble.

Maybe someone else has a better approach.

i try to get it as close as i can going with the grain and then if theres a noticeable amount of stubble left just drag the razor up a few times against the grain

but i dont know if this will get close enough for you and im sure you probably coulda figured it out on yr own

start with skin care, if you have sensitive skin you need to switch to something that will keep your skin from getting dry and fucked up by a seriously close shave. try the dove products for showering and then get a nice aftershave skin lotion, something like "facial fitness" by polo works well.

then get a real razor, and a old fashioned lather kit. practice and you'll have the closest shave possible.

nancyboy.com

I've used a lot of shave creams (cheap, expensive, foreign, domestic), and Nancy Boy's is the best. Nancy Boy may seem expensive, but it lasts a long time (about 6 months).

A good brush/cream combo along with proper technique should deliver the closest possible shave.

Lather up, shave with the grain. Re-lather, shave across the grain. Re-lather, shave against the grain. Modify these steps accordingly for your skin type (if you have sensitive skin, are prone to razor bumps). I do two passes with the grain.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though. The hair is going to grow back in a few hours anyway.

I don't know what you mean by "grey spots," but I'm assuming you mean like a irremovable, subtle, 5 o'clock shadow.

I don't know how to beat it, but I notice I get the best shaves when I go a few weeks and then shave. It's almost impossible for me to get a good shave when its stubble.

Maybe someone else has a better approach.

not necessarily spots, but areas of where you shave, yes.

The only way to get a really, really close and solid shave is with a safety razor and cream you put on with a brush.

If you fiddle around too much going with and then against the grain (rinse, repeat) you'll just end up with razor burn.

i go both ways, lather, with grain, rinse, shaving oil, lather, against. it usually gets pretty close with my shick quattro, but the subtle grey is still there, and thats what pisses me off.

im considering the oldskool method, with merkur blades and shit. any reccomendations?