Weaver Moccasin Wallabees

Are any of you familiar with Weaver Moccasin, especially any of you in Japan? you can find them online on several japanese sites, and they're made in the E.U., which makes me wonder if there's any link to anyone formerly associated with Padmore & Barnes (from Republic of Ireland, in the E.U.):

they don't look quite as legit as P&B's, but they're cool nonetheless, and the closest thing going to the classics. The classic Weaver is one of the many styles they do (including many weird Wallabee-influenced hybrids, which you can see if you do a search on www.yahoo.co.jp), check it:

http://www.oshmans-online.jp/brand/?pcid=49&pbid=220&psid=5

90-2_expand_pc.jpg

http://trucks-on.seesaa.net/article/35732933.html

1120weaver20side.jpg

Good find, my friend. I can't help you with the info you are looking for - but I like the look of these shoes, nonetheless.

I especially like the profile - even though P&Bs thicker crepe sole is part of what makes them so great, I do like the slightly lower profile of these. And the uppers looks pretty true to the OGs.

90-3_expand_pc.jpg

I'm also interested in hearing more info about these - though, for 27,000, you'd probably be better of picking up a pair of deadstock P&Bs on yahoo. I'm going to keep my eye on these and seriously consider them if I can't find a pair of suede P&B weaver boots in my size.

Thanks R&S, good post.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i had 2 pairs of low-top weavers back in the day, in the chesnut suede, and the brown cordovan-like leather. the first thing i noticed was that the crepe was softer than the wallabee oxfords. like crazy soft. they ware mad comfy too. damn i miss them. ive never had a pair from p&b, and i dont care. clarks still make the illest joints. and if you ever buy a pair without the crepe sole, get a pair of air-movers. they are just as comfy as they are SEEMINGLY ugly. i think they are fly. damn i miss them

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Visit the Clarks website (or oipolloi/hanon) to name a few, they have 'em in Ebony and Beige suede and have just released a leather pair. Padmore and Barnes used to make Clarks under license in Ireland. Sadly all Clarks are now made in Asia. The P&Bs Clarks were all hand made, hence the quality. They basically set it up like a cottage industry, peeps in Ireland would make them by hand in their homes and then send back to Clarks. Pretty good idea if you ask me.

I have an ebony pair and they are amazing. No doubt the quality would be better if they were Padmore and Barnes, but P&Bs don't make any shoes anymore, they just sell really crappy ones.

Wallabees/Weavers and Plaintoes are the best shoes out there in my opinion. They're like wearing your slippers, and you can move around in relative silence thanks to the crepe soles.

• 1 month later...

copped a pair of the weaver 'duck' boots and have to admit they feel pretty legit the shape may be a little off but the waxed leather is nice and thick

DSCF3000.jpg

they are proper moccasin construction ie: like p&b's I hesitantly say they may even be slightly better quality

if your jonesing for a pair of weaver boots then these are definitely worth the cash

now to find some suedes...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...