other meats. what have you eaten?

mizanation

this thread made me remember a thread from another forum where some girl said, "So I went to mongolia with my mom, and they don't make mongolian beef anywhere? what the fuck?" as if she expected some p.f. changs bullshit to be out on the steppes.

Anyway, that general Tso was a pretty good cook so if he makes any kind of meat I will eat it.

any LA cats ever try this german hotdog spot in downtown called wurstkuche?

peep the menu - http://www.wurstkucherestaurant.com/Eat.html

i've had the alligator/pork and rattlesnake/rabbit hot dogs before. it wasn't too bad actually.

yup yup. good stuff. their rattlesnake/rabbit's my fave so far.

pretty tame imo in terms of exoticness, so it's a good place to go with a group, including people who are pretty timid about food.

beer selection's decent too.

oh btw, had some rocky mountain oysters the other week for the first time in my life. wasn't bad, but when you deep fry something, it becomes a little difficult to tell what exactly you're eating. so was a bit disappointed, overall. the pig ball sashimi i had in shinjuku was a far better experience.

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

yup yup. good stuff. their rattlesnake/rabbit's my fave so far.

beer selection's decent too.

Second the beer selection. Always good for a liter of Optimator. As far as their sausages, I think their less exotic ones are actually better. The alligator / snake / etc. always seemed gimmicky and relatively flavorless....

Probably haven't eaten as interesting things as the guys who have travelled a bit but off the top of my head

shark

ostrich

frog

rabbit

kangaroo - shufon - try if you can, I loved it

eaten almost all the main game stuff.

I hear you can get Gorilla in London.....wouldn't mind giving that a go.

baby fetus is real shit. its from like miscarriages or abortions but still doesn't make it any more acceptable. real sick bitches eat them for beauty. but its like i think 1 bitch in a billion actually put it in her mouth. hospitals will sell fetuses for research though.

in fact the chinese will eat anything as long as the back faces the sky and the chinese is gud in playin wif words which mean they eat everything.

in fact the monkey brain thing, the other way they do it, they just restrict the poor bugger in a cage, do the operation and spoon the shit whilst the monkey is screaming until the part of his brain which governs pain and/or speech is eaten.

we're pretty sick people the chinese.

there was some weird HK movie about a woman who gets fetuss from hospital or young girls who want abortion. then she makes dumplings out of them, and sells to middle-age woman who want to look young again. i think the moral of the story is "vanity is ugly". christopher doyle's cinematography was real gud.

Film = Dumplings - decent flick.

Kpnv - that's nuts.....

Venison/ Deer whatever you want to call it is pretty much on of my favourite meats, often order it over steak if its there, pheasant is a game worth trying too, lovely, so is guinea fowl, much more so than rabbit or hare - both are a tad too gamey and tough more often than not...

Film = Dumplings - decent flick.

lol if i remember correctly people in SE asia/asia use 'placenta' cream or something like that to look whiter. not so much stuff you eat but stuff the girlfriend allegedly put on face.

• 1 year later...

S/O to Willy for the link.

I was a little surprised that no one has had guinea pig before on here (I quickly scanned through so maybe I missed someone). It's not that good, in my opinion.

Camel is pretty tasty though.