Uniqlo Selvage

Biggow

i haven't seen the shop in richmond but the 2 in london are seriously low or out. i know i grabbed the last 34 and second last 32 at both oxford st. and regent st...

i'd second what biggow said in terms of bargain, but in terms of quality they are no different than denim at 160 pounds or up- yes, lack of distinct details but i'd be surprused in a blind touch test to be able to tell the difference between the denim on these and on 5EP or prps...

biggow, i'd grab a few more if i were you- even if it is to ship to ppl in the states on this board-

Sounds like a good idea. Add on an additional 20-30% service charge and you could become the UK's answer to Celga icon_smile_big.gif

i'd be surprused in a blind touch test to be able to tell the difference between the denim on these and on 5EP or prps...

I'd be surprised in a blind touch test if most of the population could tell a denim from a yarn dyed gaberdine icon_smile_wink.gif. I agree with all the posts above though, the Uniqlo's represent fantastic value for money, and perhaps just as importantly, they resemble vintage Levi's in spirit as well as form. ie. cheap, quality workwear.

can anyone smell the possibility of a new apc thread....?

There's the distinct niff of one lol.

Quote:

Just shows if they can churn them out for £20 a pair what the other brands must make on their jeans!

--- Original message by Guy H on Jul 19, 2005 08:15 AM

icon_smile_wink.gif True.

Remember that Uniqlo sell direct through their own stores, so they miss out agents/distributors and can probably reduce their retail store markup too. They may be selling the selvedge jeans at a lower margin than their regular one-wash kaihara's.

They'll buy in huge quantities so, like Gap, will be able to negociate the best prices from fabric and sewing suppliers.

Plus, unlike some expensive selvage jeans, the production probably isn't in Japan. (if I had to make a guess, it may be in north-east china, around Hangzhou).

just got mine today, courtesy of mr. Cue. the fabric is a bit thinner than APC, and the quality of construction isn't on the same level, nor is the attention to detail. with that said, they're pretty damn good for the $$$. even a better VALUE than, dare i say, APC. can't wait to break them in. got mine in 30x33.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

yes, the fabric is thinner than apc, but as i mentioned earlier i think they are more similar to the prps selvage and 5ep. i rinsed my 34's in cold water and hung them out in the sun and they are spectacular. great texture and the fit is definitely better.

no details, but seriously, are the camo print pockets, purple selvage line and different coloured buttons worth 230 pounds more?

Quote: no details, but seriously, are the camo print pockets, purple selvage line and different coloured buttons worth 230 pounds more?

i agree. uniqlo selvage is possibly the best bang for the buck in the known denim universe (even more so when they're on sale).

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote: just got mine today, courtesy of mr. Cue. the fabric is a bit thinner than APC, and the quality of construction isn't on the same level, nor is the attention to detail. with that said, they're pretty damn good for the $$$. even a better VALUE than, dare i say, APC. can't wait to break them in. got mine in 30x33.

I agree. I've never owned APC's, but I've looked at them in Liberty's and they are better quality, but not THAT much better quality. Also, I think the Uniqlo's fit really well.

Quote: i think different models have different fits but my dry selv fit like a classic 501....normal waist and straight leg

They are definitely similar to the classic 501 cut, but in my case I actually think they fit a little better than my 1955 LVC's.

Quote:

just got mine today, courtesy of mr. Cue. the fabric is a bit thinner than APC, and the quality of construction isn't on the same level, nor is the attention to detail. with that said, they're pretty damn good for the $$$. even a better VALUE than, dare i say, APC. can't wait to break them in. got mine in 30x33.

--- Original message by darknworn on Jul 19, 2005 09:45 AM

the bargain of UniQlo is almost too good to be true...still hard to believe they only cost $30, as that's what a shite pair of Old Navy's cost

i end up wearing my UniQlo more than APC mainly cuz APC's belt loops are shorter than normal and dont easily accomodate a good thick leather belt. i feel like the seams on APC belt loops are gonna burst any second.

I was in the Regent Street Store today and they had very limited sizes left. Loads of 30X33. Thats what I went for, which leads me nicely on to.....

has any one taken Uniqlo up there leg alteration service from this store? When I asked about it the fellla just said she was "some girl". That could mean a work experience or comunity service bod in may language. Bit nervous.

Illl be in the Oxford Street store tomorrow looking for 29 legs so will post if there is bounty to be had.

Why do stores stock so much long legged product when its quite obvious only short arses by good stuff?

It's the smiling on the package

It's the faces in the sand

It's the thought that holds you upwards

Embracing me with two hands

I was in the Regent Street Store today and they had very limited sizes left. Loads of 30X33. Thats what I went for, which leads me nicely on to.....

has any one taken Uniqlo up there leg alteration service from this store? When I asked about it the fellla just said she was "some girl". That could mean a work experience or comunity service bod in my language. Bit nervous.

Illl be in the Oxford Street store tomorrow looking for 29 legs so will post if there is bounty to be had.

Why do stores stock so much long legged product when its quite obvious only short arses by good stuff?

It's the smiling on the package

It's the faces in the sand

It's the thought that holds you upwards

Embracing me with two hands