Uniqlo Selvage

Biggow

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone has more pics of some uniqlo fades, it would be awesome to see....

just saying.

Mine are only a couple of months old so nothing pic worthy yet.

since you asked so nicely :D here are my ~30 month uniqlo s003s from 2009

tumblr_m1vpcrPDVm1rpn3kao1_500.jpgtumblr_m1vpcrPDVm1rpn3kao2_500.jpgtumblr_m1vpcrPDVm1rpn3kao3_500.jpgtumblr_m1vpcrPDVm1rpn3kao4_500.jpg

its actually kinda wrinkled right now because i left it under a pile of clothes recently and it kinda flattened out the left combs too. maybe if i wear it again randomly i could reset the combs and shit but w/e for now

• 2 months later...

does anybody know if Uniqlo in SoHo (NYC) does phone orders shipping? I bought a pair of these http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=070929#

a couple years ago and love the fit. I'm thinking about getting another pair.

or,

does anybody have experience with both these and the 3sixteen st-100x? How do the fits compare, specifically in the waist-to-thigh area?

thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Have started seeing these again at Uniqlo. In the UK, anyway. £35.

Got my eye on a pair of these, anyone know how much they shrink as the site says they are unsanforized and they only have a 34" leg? I normally get a 36" minimum in LVC

i understand the weight of levi's 501's varies across the globe, and, considering they're the jeans i normally wear (am in the UK) i'm wondering how the weight of the MIJ selvedge and the newer (currently listed) selvedge compares? personally, i find the weight of the 501's has diminished over the years and i'm trying to figure out if continuing to buy them (i get through a pair every 18 months usually, due to blown crotch and frayed hems) is a false economy. selvedge is typically a little too expensive as a blind buy, particularly if importing, but i'd consider some uniqlo's as a trial, even at £70 for the MIJs they'd be little more than 501s are at the most cost-effective outlets.

i've emailed uniqlo to ask the weight of these new ones, if nobody knows yet - i've not had a reply, so can't share that at this time.

Edited by logboy

i understand the weight of levi's 501's varies across the globe, and, considering they're the jeans i normally wear (am in the UK) i'm wondering how the weight of the MIJ selvedge and the newer (currently listed) selvedge compares? personally, i find the weight of the 501's has diminished over the years and i'm trying to figure out if continuing to buy them (i get through a pair every 18 months usually, due to blown crotch and frayed hems) is a false economy. selvedge is typically a little too expensive as a blind buy, particularly if importing, but i'd consider some uniqlo's as a trial, even at £70 for the MIJs they'd be little more than 501s are at the most cost-effective outlets.

i've emailed uniqlo to ask the weight of these new ones, if nobody knows yet - i've not had a reply, so can't share that at this time.

according to japanese uniqlo website, the weight of the new season selvedge denim is 13.5oz. denim is from kaihara mill, and according to the UK website, it is unsanforized, and they recommend to size up. (but from reading japanese customer review, some say the waist doesn't shrink, while the inseam shrinks by 2cm). I am eyeing a pair as well for a beat around/experimental pair. i've fondled them at a uniqlo shop here in Thailand and the fabric/construction is very decent, plus price/perceived quality ratio seems to be very good indeed (here it's 30quid, even at UK's retail price of 35quid they are still a great buy imo).

Edited by DhaDha

according to japanese uniqlo website, the weight of the new season selvedge denim is 13.5oz. denim is from kaihara mill, and according to the UK website, it is unsanforized, and they recommend to size up. (but from reading japanese customer review, some say the waist doesn't shrink, while the inseam shrinks by 2cm). I am eyeing a pair as well for a beat around/experimental pair. i've fondled them at a uniqlo shop here in Thailand and the fabric/construction is very decent, plus price/perceived quality ratio seems to be very good indeed (here it's 30quid, even at UK's retail price of 35quid they are still a great buy imo).

as far as i can tell, 501's hover around a similar weight, with slight variation. hesitation is that selvedge jeans i've liked the look of can be 21 ounce, which i'm guessing would affect more that just the fit and look, but the lastability, which is my major concern. 

• 3 years later...

I just grabbed two pairs of line of the slim fit stretch selvage, 59 navy and the  09 black.  98% US ELS Supima cotton Kaihara denim. The hand of The denim is extra soft, softer than Full Count Zimbabwe cotton. That plus the stretch factor make them crazy comfy. The things  I love most about these jeans are:

- they are intentionally underspectacular, At least on the surface. The stitching is monotone, no patch, plain pockets, and the hardware (also made by Kaihara)  is very low-key. However  The stitching is very clean and consistent so where they are made is really irrelevant  ( these are made in Bangladesh). It is as if there was an intentional invisibility intended, to be as  unnoticeable as possible. Totally cold and soulless,  yet the soft feel is very inviting, especially when mixed with the stretch factor. 

- the price point is kept low to make selvage jeans made from the best cotton available for anyone, not just us denim snobs. That’s the real ethos behind denim in the first place since Levi’s first made them: affordable, accessible,  quality pants. 

- the fit. These are the best fitting, best feeling  selvage jeans I’ve ever owned, better than the niche brands I’ve been wearing for the past decade (Warehouse/Denime/Fullcount/Eternal/Samurai etc). No break in period, no need to soak or anything, they are well-starched (and have a nice sheen BTW) but this Supima cotton+2% spandex mix is crazy. They move with you, and when they need to stretch it feels good against the skin. I’m 40 now with 4 kids, I don’t need intentionally rough denim to feel manly. 

The black are a matte type (black warp and weft) denim (no sheen) to make them seem even darker, and invisible, and to add to this idea the black HARDWARE is even more understated, the UNIQLO stamps on the rivets and button are even smaller and don’t go all the way around so you really have to see them up close to determine what brand they are. The back label on the waistband is a very minimalist black on black as well. Upon close inspection the stitching is lighter then the denim so it appears to be indigo colored or a very dark purple, which doesn’t surprise me. 

Zippers are YKK. 

The #69 is the raw indigo color, and it is super dark, some would mistake it for black if they didn’t know better. The yarns were respun over 60 times and rope-dyed to perfection. No slubs, reminiscent of the time when ultra consistent selvage denim was the norm. The blacks don’t mention Kaihara on the pocket bags but have the exact same type of selvage line and soft hand so I’m assuming they are as well. The backs of the rivets and button are also identical. Not sure if they aren’t core-dyed. 

I plan on getting 2 more of both and putting them deep in the stash for years later, plus some white ones too to have at my disposal. 

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Yes, we can, up to 7 MB! 

show me the way o sage. I tried the usual method but to no haps. Keeps saying there’s a problem uploading the file

Edited by salaami

• 4 years later...

UNIQLO U Selvedge Regular Fit Jeans
Wanted to pick these up last season but the largest size (35”) were too small. Sizes have been extended up this season and I was able to go TTS/36” – they fit well. Be warned the inside leg is only 29" + the pre-cuff is 1.5”for a total of 30.5”. I’m 5’10” and wearing with the pre-cuff and they look fine but I have not washed them so I’m unsure how they will be once soaked and dried. Made in Bangladesh they’re a no thrills, zip-fly, basic denim jean but for less than £40 probably the best selvedge on a budget out there. I'm led to believe the denim is by Kaihara although that is not stated on the pocket bags or the website so I can’t say for sure. Early days so far but I’d say 'highly recommended'.

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Edited by cool_hand
links

@cool_hand I was checking the measurements online and it says the size 32 is 87cm at the waist. That seems quite large for 32, which is TTS for me. You think I should size down or that the measurements on the site are off? For reference, it says size 36 measures 97cm. Can you confirm? 

I've probably said TTS in the wrong context. Usually when I purchase denim jeans the size on the waist is larger than the quoted waist size by at least an inch or more. I'm wearing the jeans now and they've stretched a bit on the waist so I won't quote the current measurements but I'm fairly confident the size chart is accurate – that is a size 36 measures 38" unworn.  I also own the Uniqlo wide fit jeans and on those I could easily size down to a 35".  I think you could getaway with a 31".  If you want to play it safe order 2 sizes and return the pair that don't work. Have you ordered from Uniqlo before - they offer a discount code for new accounts.