Yoyos, Yoyos, and Yoyos...

kiya

why are some yo-yos 100+ dollars? just curious

Because they're better than you.

turf isn't selling the ywet, kiya?

Turf SM closed down... will any shop in the Bay Area carry them? (Fatlace, Self Edge, New Jack City, etc...)

im just askin cuz anti-yo yoyos are notorious for being limited and most of the anti-yo distributors are online shops which sell out in a matter of minute once released.

We've created a new Twitter profile for Anti-Yo so that i don't bombard my Self Edge related followers with yoyo news:

http://twitter.com/#!/anti_yo

In case you want to follow my personal/Self Edge twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/SelfEdge

We're going to have the YWET for sale at New Jack City (San Francisco) starting Saturday November 12th for those interested in buying it in person.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In other news, Anti-Yo is releasing the BPZL, it's been renamed the Viszilla and it's basically going to be a modern/updated Bapezilla. Comes out in three weeks.

Edited by kiya

nice name haha

is there a plastic offering from anti-yo in the future crafted from the finest petroleum???

Nope, no plastic from us anytime soon.

The Viszilla.. (we even went all out on the ano job, it's a Type III Hard Coat)

image-2.jpg

Edited by kiya

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you're in the Bay Area and want to see some yoyo action...

Saturday is the Bay Area Classic yoyo contest at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, the longest continuously running contest based out of the Bay Area. I used to be an organizer for this contest for three or four years but have since passed the torch to some others.

Both Self Edge and Anti-Yo are sponsors, if you win in any of the five divisions you'll get loads of prizes and Self Edge is giving away hundreds of dollars worth of gift cards.

http://bayareaclassic.com/

• 1 year later...

real talk i wanna get back into yoyoing ive been doing it since i was in elementary. and im way above average i consider myself advanced and still have alot of tricks down. i bought a yomega raider yesterday for cheap but i feel like its not really matching my skill set like i want something way better. any suggestions? i just discovered this thread

• 2 years later...

Time for everyone to get back into yoyos. 

I never stopped, i just stopped making them and once the message boards for yoyos disappeared the online community went missing for me.

On that note... i've gotten a bunch of kids into yo-yoing here in Mexico over the past year, have started a yoyo club every Sunday afternoon, and have donated about 30% of my collection (including some rare shit from the early metal days) to kids.   Feels good to purge 17 years of yoyos to a place where i see people using what i'm not using.  

I've now started to buy yoyos from Recess and have them shipped down here and i'm giving them to dudes that are into it but scared to drop $30 on a yoyo.   San Jose del Cabo yoyo contest anyone?  

Edited by kiya

• 1 month later...

I never stopped, i just stopped making them and once the message boards for yoyos disappeared the online community went missing for me.

On that note... i've gotten a bunch of kids into yo-yoing here in Mexico over the past year, have started a yoyo club every Sunday afternoon, and have donated about 30% of my collection (including some rare shit from the early metal days) to kids.   Feels good to purge 17 years of yoyos to a place where i see people using what i'm not using.  

I've now started to buy yoyos from Recess and have them shipped down here and i'm giving them to dudes that are into it but scared to drop $30 on a yoyo.   San Jose del Cabo yoyo contest anyone?  

Man, that's awesome. I love the idea of a bunch of random kids in Mexico throwing rare old Anti-Yo stuff and bouncing it off the concrete, ha ha. 

You coming to Worlds? It's gonna be fun. :)