Yoyos, Yoyos, and Yoyos...

kiya

is your yoyo beadblasted? if they are, try rubbing around the response area where you string is exposed to with a cotton t-shirt or something. it'll smoothen out the beadblast finish and take away the fear of snapping strings.

anyway, i just spent two hours making this tacticool yo-yo pouch for EDC.

click the image for more information, or check out my tumblr in my signature.

IMG_0388.JPG

for a complete and total noob, what would people recommend? as someone else said, i haven't touched one since i was 12 or so. honestly, i just want one to play around with, make it sleep and do some basic tricks like when i was a kid. i am guessing 1A, but like i said i am completely clueless. budget = $50 (i'll have to order online since i live in australia).

• 4 weeks later...

Read this entire thread. I've owned a few yoyos growing up but I don't know shit any more with all the new innovations. Gonna pick up a Velocity and either a Black magic2 or 888. so i can learn the basics again and try to pull some tricks. any advise from the experts?

^co sign on northstar/protostar.

even if you cant bind, that shits not gonna take more than 1-2 days to learn, and the infinite book of unresponsive tricks will be open to you. your gonna be throwing sleepers, so it will come naturally.

ive been at it for 2 months, and started with a hectic. i regret the velocity as my second purchase, cause it just wasnt what i needed.

id recommend starting with a plastic first tho. hitting yourself in the head cause you dont know you have a bad bind sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, my collection has grown. Picked up a lyn fury, Northstar, and Campfire. The lyn fury is supposed to be my main throw, beat the hell out of it, but it's just too responsive and it only sleeps 30 secs. I'm going to throw a Vivace bearing in it next week. The Northstar has a vibe but I love the Campfire. Thing is real smooth, I'm just afraid to get it beat up.

you could also clean the yyj bearing in some mineral spirits--just make sure to dry it out. the lyn fury is a real good beater yoyo once the bearing is broken in. i haven't played a northstar, but a plastic without vibe is very rare IMO. i'm sure it plays fantastic since there's so much hype over it. i've always wanted a campfire, but the "coal" campfire to be exact.

• 1 month later...