Yoyos, Yoyos, and Yoyos...

kiya

i think you would have been better off buying a duncan freehand at toys r us or a yoyofactory velocity. :)

yeah the velocity is a great starter, it what i started with and helped me learn a lot. plus they have pad response on the newer versions so they are even better.

anyone into 2a? i got my loop 900s from BAC and they are amazing, definitely way better than loop 720s.

yeah the velocity is a great starter, it what i started with and helped me learn a lot. plus they have pad response on the newer versions so they are even better.

anyone into 2a? i got my loop 900s from BAC and they are amazing, definitely way better than loop 720s.

i've never tried the 720s. my last loopers were the raiderEX. i just got my 900s as well. i'm so bad at 2a. i did manage to get 25ish consistent loops with my right hand, but i can barely do 4 with my left :(

• 3 weeks later...
he's been pretty unstoppable. his performance was pretty great at bac. i believe he's using the protostar? i haven't tried those but it seems to be praised as the best plastic ever.

Looks it. Definitely get one if you can as it makes a great daily carry.

• 2 weeks later...
i have zero experience with yo-yos whatsoever. my friend has a yomega maverick that he'll sell to me for 10 bucks. is that a good beginner one?

I'd say get a grind machine.... or a protostar if your really going to start yoyoing (protostar is definitely one of the best yoyo's to start off with).

if you want to spend $35 for an unresponsive yoyo and not know how to bind. you could pick up a duncan freehand at toysrus or something for like $14. they're pretty good beginner yoyos. then if you want, you can upgrade to the protostar. forget the grindmachine.

• 2 weeks later...

velocity is definitely the way to go, it was my first 1a yoyo. i picked up a genesis a few weeks ago and it is the shit! I still want to get a protostar though to practice with. Oh and no worlds for me this year... but i am trying to go to DXL

• 2 weeks later...

If you've never yoyoed before should you start with something cheaper or would you recommend buying something more expensive if you want to see results faster?

What would you guys recommend? I had a cheap plastic yoyo that I bought for like 35 bucks a few years back and I always seemed to have problems with it and never really learned anything.

If you've never yoyoed before should you start with something cheaper or would you recommend buying something more expensive if you want to see results faster?

What would you guys recommend? I had a cheap plastic yoyo that I bought for like 35 bucks a few years back and I always seemed to have problems with it and never really learned anything.

If you're keen to spend some money then maybe a YYF Protostar or Northstar. Start out with a plastic of some sort as that way you won't care if you ding it.

sup yoyo threak. its 2am and im shopping yoyo sites trying to find out wtf it is i should purchase, so i came here for advice.

i havent picked up yoyo since like 7th grade (a decade+), but want to start playing with one up for fun. willing to spend about 75 for the right one.

must be a aluminum/metal, looking at a YYF dv888, protege, hectic or possibly a Yfactor. i know those are good yoyos, and im a newb but i dont give a shit. please give any thoughts. thanks in advance.

edit- also looking at the duncan/screaming eagle mayhem...? i <3 gold

if ur willing to spend around 75, id go with

Yoyofactory Velocity v3 - $20

Yoyofactory DV888 - $45 (summer sale price)

100 count type 6 100% polyester string - $12

the velocity is so you can learn tricks at a responsive level then u can ease into more advanced stuff once u learn how to bind. then when u feel confident u can try tricks wit the DV888. and trust me ur gunna need a lot of string when you first start. have you check out yoyoexpert.com? they have a nice selection of videos for trick tutorials from beginner to expert. good luck

i havent seen too many cool ones out, i plan on making some custom holsters and other yoyo accessories once i get out of the prototyping stage.

but i did see this on paul han's blog, not sure about availability though.

tumblr_l79nm30v1h1qazom3.jpg

should start with something responsive if you don't know how to bind yet... it'll help you throw a stronger sleeper so you don't get frustrated trying to bind or whatever. i have friends who ask to try out my yoyos but they can't figure out how to bind and their sleepers don't last very long.

if paul ever releases those holsters, i'd def. buy one.

if i had some leather to work with, i could use these spikes i have, but they're retardedly sharp.

I'm sorry to constantly pester all the SuFu throwers, but I don't dare venture into the yoyoexpert forums. How often do you guys change your string. I threw for about 5 hours today just while walking around school or in starbucks...whatever. It feels much smoother than at the start of its life, but I don't know when to throw on a new one. I've gone through 3 strings this week out of fear of it ripping off and busting my computer or something.

typically i just play them until they get fuzzy and wound up all the way. since i ran out of string, ive been down to my last one for over a month now. its been holding up from casual play (1-2 hours a day) but i hope i can re-up on more string. if you feel like its about to snap or its too responsive, change it.