Yoyos, Yoyos, and Yoyos...

kiya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, I need some advice.

I've already got a yomega brain and a x-brain for maybe 10 years. So I now how to throw it and how to make it sleep, but that's all.

Now, I'd like to learn some more advanced tricks such as loops. What new gear should i get ?:

- a yomega raider, modded (cause that's the only way it sould be)

- a yomega raiser EX (with various spacers)

- a yoyofactory loop 720 (if you want to loop, get the loop)

- not a 2a yo-yo cause 2a sucks and 1a makes you feel higher

- DIY as sonny

Also, what people call h-shapped yo-yos (such as the G5 and the 888), what are they made for ? more 1a or 2a ? both ? is it worth saving money to get one of them instead of those cheap plastic yomegas (though pros use them) ?

As you can see, i'm quite a noob. Any gentleman ?

Nice to see this revived.

Not sure how basic your yoyo knowledge is but this site might help with getting some tricks down pat (http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/). If some of the advanced tricks take your fancy then on the cheaper end of the scale a duncan fhz should do the trick. What were you looking to spend?

I'm not really that knowledgeable compared to the others in this thread but I hope that helps a little

Nice to see this revived.

Not sure how basic your yoyo knowledge is but this site might help with getting some tricks down pat (http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/). If some of the advanced tricks take your fancy then on the cheaper end of the scale a duncan fhz should do the trick. What were you looking to spend?

I'm not really that knowledgeable compared to the others in this thread but I hope that helps a little

Thanks for the answer + the good link.

According to this website, I already know the sleeper, walk the dog, the creeper, rock the baby, pop the clutch, the UFO and around the world (well, i don't really master those last three :o). I never did the forward pass nor the looping.

I don't know anything about the duncans (in France, there were only yomegas), but I guess they're good. Concerning the YoyoJams, I've heard they break easily.

Don't know how much I could spend, for the moment I just want to progress. What do you mean by "cheaper end of the scale" ?

- If you guys think it will do the trick, but once you'll get a better yo, it'll look totally different, I think I can wait a bit more to buy this better yo.

- If, you think that with my actual level, the better yo is useless, i can go straight for the FHZ.

syndneylo -> why not the yoyofactory catch 22 ? No, seriously ? :rolleyes:

Get whatever you think is cool looking. As long as you're having fun, it's all that matters.

Yeah, you're right. I'll start with with the FHZ (though, for me, the g5 is the best looking yo-yo i've ever seen), maybe with a raider. Can't wait to practice.

Any news from Sonny's wax yo-yo ? (maybe it broke)

Then, what would you think of a thread about pen spinning ? It doesn't look nerdier than the yo-yo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"STEVE BROWN

Can yoyo without yoyo being attached to his hand."

That shit is priceless.

:)