Rain Jacket Recs

maldoror

I need to get a rain jacket but have no idea what my options are. Basically what I don't want is some north face, mountaineer-chic boy scout deal. I'd like something simple, preferably black and waterproof. Besides that . . . ? I'm in NYC and need to get this thing asap so particular pieces stocked in the area/online shoppable are ideal. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

I need to get a rain jacket but have no idea what my options are. Basically what I don't want is some north face, mountaineer-chic boy scout deal. I'd like something simple, preferably black and waterproof. Besides that . . . ? I'm in NYC and need to get this thing asap so particular pieces stocked in the area/online shoppable are ideal. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

A garbage bag is what you really need. PM me.

• 8 months later...
bumping this, its been raining for the last three days in madison... and yeah, already know the whole idiom/acronym/north face style, not quite up my alley

thinking about copping the latest ervell joint, but anyone know of anything out there more poncho-style?

the ervell jackets waterproof? if they are, shit i might have to find me one

"water resistant" is what i hear most often... was also thinking about NDG but i think it looks like a garbage bag

i was in an eddie bauer the other day and they have a very decent-looking waterproof jawn, comes in extra long sizes... but any other goretex collabs? i guess ill just thumb through my bookmarks again

oh and thanks for that link, daveo

ive always wanted to look like a bohemian hiker jerk

• 4 weeks later...