Superfuture meetups ?

LIVENUDEGIRLS

For those who have met, just a few things I've always been curious about...

Are these fucking things ever awkward?

Anyone ever regret a meetup?

Anyone really grateful they had one?

Anyone gone to great lengths to make one? (I'm always curious as to whether some of you guys were gonna be in that city anyway, or whether you flew just for the sake of the meetup)

honestly, do you guys feel compelled to bring your absolute best "fit", without trying to look like you did?

haha first meetup i had was with drofhiphopology, sandune, naturaljax, so-so, and jessejb. it was actually pretty funny...of course everybody took out their best gay jokes and denim jokes to break the ice. rest of the meetup was mostly talking about funny threads and what not.

im pretty happy about the meetup, i still keep in touch with so-so and drofhiphopology and naturaljax (sandune moved away to japan). and i still skate with drofhiphopology from time to time and so-so moved to japan.

its never awkward for me, because i know the other person/people are in the exact same situation, not much room for judgment i dont think. i dont fly to places just to meet up, and usually my meetups picture outfits suck because its basic travel wardrobe. never regretted any, kiya was fun, tang was very nice, isoform took me to a good restaurant and fndmybetterhalf gave me a ride. all cool dudes.

those i've met here are in singapore, so great lengths don't extend beyond 20km...

and i can't say there've been any nasty experiences

so far i've met soepom, whizkit, defiance, valhalla...maybe others briefly. then again it's not difficult to keep up with them here because we're all stuck on this same rock.

We have Montréal "meetups" pretty much every week or two weeks, it's more about doing activities with friends though. As for wardrobe choices, we only wear fabulous clothes so no thought need to go into that whatsoever :P We don't take pictures though, maybe we should have a real asian join the bunch (Mass is black inside, where it counts).

i though nairb was yellow

have i been duped??

:confused:

Brian is definitely yellow but he has left Montréal to pursue his academic dreams elsewhere so we're out of yellow people...

The Toronto dudes are all great people. Very laid back with a good splash of humour. Just like most meetups, it started off a bit awkward (at least for me, since I was an hour late for my own hosted meetup), but we soon hit it off pretty well. Looking forward to our next meetup coming soon! (Aug.19)

You coming to our meetup? Aug19? You still around then?

mm, I may be up north in cottage country, but if I am in town, for sheeeeeezy

nairb's like that dude in high school who had all the freshest gear so everyone wanted to hang out with him

well now I don't know about the meetup, this is waaaaaaay too much pressure for me

a rotten banana :(

i suppose thats what makes the best banana bread.... or is that brown on the outside but white on the inside....?

does that mean he won't be there for montreal jazz festival next year? :(

and for this-well even though this year's festival wasn't the greatest (partly my fault, I was away for all the good ticketed shows), I'll still try hard as hell to get back to MTL for the festival. at which point I'll be in touch with the montreal crew to organize something for sure.

For those who have met, just a few things I've always been curious about...

Are these fucking things ever awkward?

Anyone ever regret a meetup?

Anyone really grateful they had one?

Anyone gone to great lengths to make one? (I'm always curious as to whether some of you guys were gonna be in that city anyway, or whether you flew just for the sake of the meetup)

honestly, do you guys feel compelled to bring your absolute best "fit", without trying to look like you did?

Never felt akward because we always kept ourselves somewhat busy and on the move. In fact, with some people I met, it was like meeting old friends. Hell, I don't know how they felt, but meeting Ayn and Digital Denim was like seeing the big brothers I never had ^_^. The only really jarring encounter was when Minya emerged out of a crowd and hailed Carl in SFxS.E. party. God that was awesome.

Never regretted a meetup. Always grateful to meet new people and share/exchange experiences and stories.

I went through some "lengths" and had nobody but one person show up for my first L.A. "meetup" ... it's usually better if there's something else to do because even though it was just Ted that showed up to meet me, it was great cuz we did other things like go crazy at the Barney's Hangar sale and stuff.

It's better if you go meet up wearing something you are interested in and like to talk about... but I never really felt like "being my best" aside from the usual courtesy of being somewhat groomed.

Best meetup for me so far have been the last 2 L.A. meetups. Shooting with the Asian Tourist Crew have been ridiculously fun and informative.

But for the upcoming fashion shoot for san fran ... I hope people try to bring their most unique and interesting.