dream thread

Corbin Law

I always get fucked up in my dreams. Mad lost, blind, paralyzed..it sucks.

when I was younger I often had dreams I was in a car I could not control. Had one last week actually. I was doing pretty good though, didnt crash.

Only time I think I've realized was dreaming was a dream when I was a kid and had all these toys I actually didn't have. I think I woke up with the realization...but I checked my closet anyway..no toys.

i remember when i was aroudn 8 years old, i had a dream i was sleeping,a nd there was a badger under my bed, pulling down on my bed sheets, and i felt it and all, i remember being scared as hell, waking up in a cold sweat...

another one from when i was younger, i had got some new down vest or some crap, this is when i was 5-6 years old... i remember a gorilla coming through my window, ripping it off me, putting on the vest ,and jumping back out, and i felt it all too...

anyway

don't sleep, dream

he took your vest? that is fucked up man.

I think I mentioned this in another thread but was like 5-6 and I was sleeping in bed with my mom because my dad was on TDY or something..well I saw Megatron saying all this scary shit and I woke up looked for my mom and she was just a severed arm so I freaked out and looked at the clock to see how long until morning. Starscream was standing in the room pointing at the clock for me. I'm almost positive I cried.

ya musta been a badin ape gorilla, needed 2 kop for nigoz...

i think ive just become obessesed with this idea, it is kind of freaking me out just thinking about lucid dreams right now..... it is like another dimension i can somehow enter into, and it could be a 2nd life...

and then i have a feeling i'll become obessed with trying to go to 'dream land'

• 1 month later...

Usually I daydream and I almost never remember any dreams I have if any. But there's one particular scenario that is consistant.

In the beginning of this recurring dream I've been having lately; I am walking and suddenly I feel like I can jump and the law of gravity is defied. Its amazing, I am soaring above about twenty feet and I land easily maybe three, four blocks away.

If I want to go further I have to jump higher. But no matter what I always land.

Lately in my dreams though, no matter how small of a distance I go I cannot seem to land. I don't really remember how my dreams start or end but I do remember that something is pushing (wind?) me up and I try to throw my whole weight down to land on the ground but I just keep getting lifted or pushed away from earth further and further till I get scared that I may never touch the ground again.

I wake up and I'm left with that memory.

:confused:

i had the strangest dream the other night.

There were dogs in some power plant type building (i could hear them barking) and a small green hole near the ground with green smoke coming out of it. I was standing on a small hill overlooking all of this.

Suddenly a whole bunch of Alsations run out of the hole, get into some black van and the van drives off. Then after it's driven off one more alsation runs out and is all confused cos the truck's gone.

(i wrote this dream down as it was pretty weird and the next sentence i wrote was simply:

"I am Steve Tyler." )

So then I (steve tyler) get into a range rover and start driving around this hilly place following some tracks of the truck, with the dog in my car. Then my wife appears out of nowhere and says to me "So this is it? You're giving up the band for this?"

I don't answer her.

Then after a while we find the black truck with 2 strange men inside, one has a green moustache and an eyepatch. There is a little concrete hut next to the truck. For some reason i think the truck is inside the hut and i think to myself "ha! i can get through that hut!"

So i drive through it and wake up :/

I rareley remember dreams but I did try for a time to write them down and attempt lucid dreaming. the only time I felt i succeeded I had come back home to the UK from a trip to New York exhausted.

The moment I remember it from, I was walking around a grotty market looking at military surplus. As I browsed I saw that the market was next to a Pub with patio chairs outide covered in glasses and bottles. I started to hear a baby crying and I felt panicked and the sound of the crying was getting louder.

Rushing around to try and find the scource of the crying. I discovered one of the benches had become a locker and the wailing was come from inside. Opening it everything went dark.

I was then lying in my bed, the same one I was asleep in and it occured to me that this was a dream so I felt I would try to try and interact or make something happen .I pulled myself upright in the moonnlight bedroom and sitting on the edge of the bed was me aged 9 or 10 wearing a white coat and stethoscope outfit that I remember wearing to a fancy dress party.

Looking at myself I couldn't think of anything to say and feeling pretty freaked out. The 9 year old me held out his hand and I said' You want me to come with you?' and I felt my jaw moving on my asleep self the words came out all slurred. I felt afraid of what would happen if I took his hand. 9 year old me shook his head like 'no' and walked out the bedroom door. At this point I woke up (again) and turned on the light to make sure I was awake.

I tried to think about it for a while because it had freaked me so much. I finally fell back asleep and dreamt that I was riding on the subway to Coney Island for what felt like hours and hours.

man when i remember my dreams they're pretty screwed up dreams lol

the other night i dreamt that my mother just had a teeny tiny but cute not premature looking baby and we were shopping around in various japanese malls with some other person lol at the same time we were dodging this female chucky like evil doll....

at one point in the mall there was an area that was filled with water and for some reason i had to float in it face up however i could only float in the water face down because every time id tried to face up it wouldn't work...

blah blah blah ended up killing the evil doll thingy with a fork lol but her body disappeared the moment i killed her except for her head which was just deflated...then in the next second it became full again and everyone knew shed be back for more terror lol and thats it

cool thread lol.

most recent dream :

• there is a turtle the size of a man (kind of like a ninja turtle) sitting on the examination table/bed thing at the doctor's office. but there is no doctor physically present; instead, there is a P.A. system with a whispering voice that rotates between using French and English =/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as a kid, i used to have a few recurring dreams :

• this first one i remember tripped me out and kind of hurt my eyes when i woke up

-> i saw everything in pixels, but it wasn't like original Doom blood square pixels; it was more like i was 100x zoomed in to an old colour TV :(

• this one always scared me

-> i was in a post-apocalyptic world, where things were chasing after me trying to kill me, but with an odd twist. they had the slowness and lazy demeanor of zombies, tried to infect me like a vampire would, but looked like clowns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also (sorry for the life story), i still remember my favourite dream. it was a few years ago, and it was definitely weird, but it made me laugh...

- i was riding my bicycle along with some friends on a road, next to some body of water. out of nowhere, i hear F1 race car engine sounds, but in the water next to us were crocodiles, not cars.

- then they came flying out of the water, and they were just the crocodiles' heads, with a mini jet thruster on the back where the neck would be.

- next, one of them went flying into one of those fridges for bags of ice outside gas stations.

- (enter abrupt ending)

so, let's re-cap: flying crocodile heads that make F1 sounds who happen to love ice. :cool: awesome.

I had a few recurring dreams when I was a kid too.

I kept having this dream with Arnold Schwartzenegger, and he was some sort of monster zombie, but he still looked just like Arnold Schwartenegger. And everyone he touched turned into a zombie, and all my family members would just go up to him and turn into zombies and they wouldn't communicate with me after that. And so I went up to him, and for some reason his power didn't work on me. So I climbed on his shoulders and just started wailing on him, but it was one of those weird dream things where you're really weak so I couldn't really punch him so I just grabbed on to him. And I was like, drooling all over the place and I couldn't do anything, and I just kept saying "Give me back my family!"

Even worse was this one where I would envision a white background, uniformly patterned with alternating diagonal rows of big meaty hamburgers and light green and pink dental floss. And the hamburgers just scared the shit out of me because they were so bare and dripping with this weird, alien fat. And the floss would slack together, and then snap like a whip making some sort of sonic boom that just fucking horrified me.

• 3 weeks later...
of course the fuckin ivy league drama student comes up with the "dream thread" ... get the fuck over yourself man

servo .. +rep

let me put my dick in your ear. then you will hear the sounds of true love.

most fucked up dream of my life. i had a fever of 102.7 at the time of the sleep.

there were no people. there was no place. there were no characters in this dream

just fucking chaotic shit for what seemed like an eternity. all i think to describe it as is a ball of strings made out of nothing that got cut up into a million peices and each little string was trying to eat every other string. just a mass of string like things violently and chaotically moving about.

i woke up and went back to bed

now the strings were less in one huge ball and there was almost a setting/place to it but you could barely call it that. now the strings were violently competing for little territories.

woke up again. slowly the strings sort of got faces and a setting developed the string/people/people who looked like strings were in the american west of the 1870's but hardly that, only an old school train sitting on some tracks was an indication, but i was learning about the time period in class at the time.

woke up again

the string people got clothes and cow boy hats and they were still violently competing for areas but now they were competing for portions of the train and then i finally woke up at sunrise only to feel like total shit.

true, seriously watch someone when you try to tell them about your dreams. They rarely give a fuck. Everyones are peculiar and unusual.

in high school i had a dream that one of my friends was killed. when i told him, 'i dreamed that you died last night' he wanted to know every detail, then my other friends found out and just kept telling him, 'youre gonna die soon.' other than that, yeah, not an interesting thing.

• 3 weeks later...

had a dream i was in some sort of military prison. instead of being released it turns out i was transferred to one in china (don't know why). at this prison, however, we were supposed to manufacture munitions. first thing i see when i walk through the door is some prisoner grabbing a gun and spraying a bunch of other prisoners. then hillary clinton comes out of nowhere and starts telling us what we're expected to do while in prison. fucking weird.

Guest youkinorn

My favorite dream I've ever had (I hardly ever remember my dreams):

My dad and I are walking out of the garage to onto our driveway. We look into our neighbor's yard and there is this bigass (like human sized) possum chilling over there looking shady. Then, as we lock eyes with the thing, my dream point of view does that thing like in crappy westerns where the camera goes from the possum's eyes to our eyes and back and forth over and over with the possum looking all dodgy. Then the possum just starts sprinting at us out of no where (not sure how it got through the fence) and is chasing my dad around. I grab one of those foam-type baseball bats they used to give away at Pizza Hut as a promotion for things and start chasing the possum who is still chasing my dad. Then all of a sudden we are all in the kitchen in the house and my mom and dad and the possum are leaning on the counter laughing about something in a very theatrical, cheesey way.

Then the giant possum starts violently vomiting everywhere.

And that's the end of the dream. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

i just woke up from this dream. not really much to it.

i wanted to buy a pair of samurais for some reason, so courtney cox and i go into this store, only to discover they sell samurai jeans for women. after looking for several minutes and turning up nothing, she starts playing tennis with some guy to inspire me to not give up.

shit is fucked. need to sleep earlier.

I haven't told anyone about this dream before.

This was 6th grade I think, and I was in class and it was going pretty normal. Then, a friend of mine was telling me he cut off his dick. It was on a plate and he ate it. There was no blood and the inside looked like lumpia.

this is why I can't watch that BME video.

i had one of the strangest of my life the other night. i think i may have killed jesus.

its vietnam setting and my companions and i are moving down the river. its dusk. there are no enemies in sight but our weapons are drawn. along the banks of the river and ape comes out. we all shoot this ape dead. but before we can get to its body, it starts moving away from us. we realize that it is being dragged away from us by more apes. we follow the apes down river where they hoist up the dead ape on a human sized cross. more apes come out of the wood work and place skulls at the foot of the cross and start bowing down before this ape we killed.

all of a sudden green smoke pours out of nowhere and through the green smoke comes soldiers in gas masks who kill us.

this dream i had the other night reminded me of this dream i forgot a long time ago...

the other night i dreamt I was in milan with my mother and grandmother....on the way to the hotel my mom saw a pastry in a shop window and just had to take a photo of it since it was unusually larger than it would usually be ... later on in the day i went out to go to the library and bumped into my grandmother in front of the same store and she was like ' omg we have to take a picture of this for ur mother' and i tell her that my mother already photographed the cake and that i dont have time to waste so i'm going to the library lol once at the library i see two guys there and right now that's all i remember

this reminded me of a while ago i had a dream that i was in venice trying to figure out how to get to lido beach but all the metro signs were like nyc's subways signs ...pretty weird

i have had nightmares every night this week

last night i dreamt i had been kidnapped by pirates (along with a handful of other unfortunate souls); the pirates opened some kind of gate, spilling many squealing piglets onto us (we were in the belly of the ship, i am guessing some kind of dining area); we were bound hand and foot and i could do nothing but watch as the pirates tortured and maimed the shreiking piglets.

had a dream i was in hawaii. people were playing with remote control helicopters and for some crazy reason i was holding on to some balloons and could fly to some degree. shit was fun.

also had a dream i was a ninja turtle. snuck into somebody's house and beat up some bad guys.

i have the dreams of an 8 year old boy.